TA wanting to transfer into Regular Army

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by regularstab1977, Mar 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am looking for some info on transferring into the regular Army, I am a RLC B1 Driver with op telic medal + clasp holding the subs rank of Cpl as well as several instructional quals (Reg Army courses), I currently do on average of 200 MTDs a year with the TA. what is the best option for me I heard it is possible to do it via FTRS, but that isnt guaranteed so I wondered if anyone knew what happens via my local AFCO, they dont seem to be able to get much solid info on if i would keep any rank/time of service towards my 22 etc.
  2. Grantham should be able to sort u out surely??
  3. Speak to your PSI.
  4. How old are you?

    Do you want your service to be pensionable?

    This subject has been covered a number of times in the TA forum with various strong views expressed. Check through those threads or PM me.
  5. You can sign up after a period of 12 months FTRS.
  6. thanks for the help folks, i am 29, 30 in Oct. a pension would be nice (esp at my age now:) will have a chat with the psi later today. You would think that with the manpower shortage and shortage of slots at ATRs at the moment a set procedure would be published openly so people can transfer over. taking into account experience etc.

    PS thanks for not doing the backdoor slaggin off bit that the guys in the TA forum got (tho i noticed they mostly werent in the TA either)
  7. Speak to your Brigade Recruiting Advisory Team who will do the leg work for you. If you need any more info you van PM me