TA/USNG exchange.....exceptional

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Cardinal, Aug 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just returned from the exchange, it was brilliant. Admin was superb (less drama getting from the UK to the USA and back than there is getting from Southampton to Salisbury Plain), the visit was well worth while on both a professional and personal level.

Fired their weapons, drove their vehicles, used their radios, went on the VICE range (ultimate PC game) and took a long look at all their medical training and kit. The host unit couldn't do enough for me. Some excellent off duty time as well.

Hope they don't cut this from next years programme its a great and worthwhile experience.

2. Thanks for posting
  3. I had a very similar experience last year, if u can commit to both the 2 weeks defilty worth it
  4. Thirded, would go again in a second.
  5. It cannot be! Are you talking about same jingoistic, brain-dead, "redneck" (my personal favo(u)rite), arrogant, classless, clueless yada yada yada Septics referred to elsewhere on ARRSE?

Oh the horror! ;-)
  6. i was out in the usa in may, i had such a great time. lavina is such a nice place. jack dans distil, graceland, o, and some of the training aids are top notch, h.e.a.t simulator, convoy simulator, mine and ied trainer, the list is long , thanks 190 eng batt and all ranks within ........................................................................
  7. That will be the ones :)
  8. Why let the truth get in the way of a good 'slagfest'?
  9. Glad to be of service. ;-)
  10. msr

msr LE

Like these: The truth behind America's 'civilian militias' - Telegraph ?
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

We are willing to tolerate you for two weeks whilst we blow holes in things and spend your training budget
    After that we revert back to normal and the duelling banjo's tune can be heard being howled above the jet noise as it taxis past Walton Mountain and two chorus' of "we burnt down the white house"

Imperialist Yankee Scum letting us come over there firing your guns and drinking your beer :)
  12. Where do I begin...?

Lots of rounds converted into brass including on the Ma Deuce, quite a bit of UH-60 flight time including flying circuits and NoE in the FM simulator myself, plenty of cultural stuff in DC...

Best bit - having the female flight medic wrap her legs around me as she, er, hoisted me up.
  13. That's more like it! Fnally some real appreciation----I think.