TA Transfer

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ExSigsRA, Mar 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have recently got out of the regs and have joined the reserves, I have to re-qualify into the new unit, ie RA to RAC. I have been told that I need to do a a gunnery course or Sigs instructors course to put me into the RAC steam, however I spent 15 years in the RA as a Sigs instructor, could anyone enlighten me as to what the difference is in the 2 trade streams.

  2. Contact, or get your psi or rswo to contact, bovvy. Work out the equivilancies of your RA sigs quals and the RAC ones and work out from that what you actually need to do.

    Don't know why the army can't produce an all arms set of bowman quals but that's life.

    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)