TA transfer to Regulars

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ParaTrooper123, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I joined the 3rd Battalion Royal Anglian Regiment and passed phase 1 and 2 training, could I transfer to the regular infantry without doing phase 1 and 2 again?

2. good answer

3. If you wanted to spend time 'as a regular' whilst TA you could do FTRS? Maybe not 100% what you were after but could be worth a look for you.

4. Whats FTRS?

5. Full time reserve service - service as a territorial, but fulltime with a reg unit

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Funny answers, because several, probably many years ago, it was perfectly possibly to transfer across with or without some your rank, or all of it. I think possibly ParaTrooper15 based in Grantham trying to join a reg Inf unit whilst just completing TA phases 1&2 might piXX of a few folks...

7. A few of my mates after a tour transferred across to our Regular Btn with no problems at all. The paperwork took a couple of months to sort out but there was no need for them to redo Phase 1 or CIC again. One of them even retained his rank.

8. After a successful tour yes. I wonder if that is still likely to occur now there are fewer difficulties in regular recruiting?