TA Training or a National Cinema?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Two_Cookers, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else furious at today's news of £45m for a new National Cinema when UK PLC cannot find £20m for the Territorial Army? I for one, am feeling personally insulted and wondering whether a new TA TRF with MUG embroidered across it is now in order. Reserve of first choice? Valued part of the Defence Community? Nothing short of a national disgrace.....

2. good question but shouldn't be playing one red-breast against another INHO. cultural life - taken for granted but vital to FUCNTIONING OF SOCIETY. TA - much respect as our cousins say (blackwood???). it's all swings and slides at the end of the day and pain must be taken by all. asmittedly, afghanistan is a big priority - A major one for those of us with green backgroundS - but lets not lose sight of what's important in life - NOTE LIFE. Culture and military - together we stand, divided we

3. I'm not entirely sure I know what you are talking about old chap.

4. I misread that as saying we needed a new TA Mug..... :(

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Nah, don't give a sh1t really. There is far to much 'wah wah, boo-hooing' going on here. And as a STAB, I'm embarrassed by it. No wonder the Reg's are getting fcuked off with all the carping. Some people should get a life that consists of something other than tugging themselves off in their maggot whilst wearing the S-10 down the TAC of a weekend.

6. You are entitled to your opinion of course. Being non-parochial about it though, £43m pays for a fair bit of SLAM don't ya think? Shameless political positioning methinks and no doubt glowing editorial comments in the Observer and Gruadian (sic) have already been written. Ho hum....

7. Whatever it is your on about clearly relates to completely differing budgets and thus is meaningless in comparison.

8. I guess the point I was trying to make is about bottom lines. At the highest level, it seems easier to make fairly swingeing cuts in Defence (specifically TA and Cadets) and at roughly the same time announce an increase in spend across Arts and Culture. I accept that they are two seperate budgets but at the end of the day cabinet ministers are responsible for fighting their respective corners aren't they? New cinema or continue training the nation's army reserve...still don't get it. Maybe it's just me being grumpy?

9. I don't care either way as long as the new national cinema sells popcorn.

10. we will all have the free time to go there. will they sell ice cream? OH OH OH is it going to do those 3d films to. i cant wait.

11. From the Guardian:

Sounds like the £45m is going to be across a few years, not just in the second half of 09/10, where the TA's (current) financial problems are.

12. I will sit back and await the opening of said film centre.

As a gesture of good will between the art community and the TA, I hope the first film premiered will be "STABs the movie" so we can remember those halycon days of MTDs and bounty's.

13. I was so furious that I shite myself and ate it. Then I shite it out again into an envelope and posted it to Gordon Brown.

Then I realised that the Department of Culture (or whoever it is) doesn't fund the Armed Forces and so whinging about how they spend their budget is fucking stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.