TA Trade courses (R Signals)

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by bobbit, Mar 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me how long the courses are for Fibre and Cat5e. And also if they are done at Blandford.???

2. If you are a TA soldier then the chances of you getting on these courses are none....and unless I am wrong, i don't believe they run a whole course devoted to Cat5e. This is undertaken on your tech class three course nowadays, and on structured cabling on class one. If you are a TA soldier I would reccomend going to see your PSI(T) or SPSI and asking them before posing that question on this forum my friend.

3. personally i think he just wants a week in blandford big timing it .................... i may be wrong but i doubt it ......... seen this far to much .........

4. not trying to "BIG TIME" anything, just want to know about the courses as I was informed that I would require these qualifications for the level of work that my squadron do.

5. I only know of one TA Sqn needing those skills and you need them to get in. Although I could see situations where an in-house solution would be useful in my unit

6. Big timing ? on the back of a cat5e and fibre course ?

Not in this decade, maybe in the 80's

Why are some people such cnuts on this forum ?

Different people do different jobs, get over it.

Bobbit, I hope you get your course.

7. see that bloke that bloke in the ron hills walking around with a permanent dark cloud above his head, you probably know him as your PSI, you could try asking him for information

8. Echo'd, let us know if you get the course. I don't think my unit would loose people to DII now.