TA suspended pay

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Sparkz, Aug 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im in the TA and have been RTU'd because of a fause accusation made against me

i have also been told that im not to go into the TAC untill the case is finalised, now to me this basicly means im suspended and under employment law i would have to be suspended with pay

if i were a regular soldier this wouldnt be an issue as i would be paid no matter what but because im TA im getting screwed over for pay. and have been told i will not be getting paid

as i was surposed to be paid on the job i was doing untill i was RTU'd and also told no to go into TA, do i have any legal grounds to make them pay me for the period on my ''suspention''

2. No, however you may be able to claim for your dyslexia

3. Probably not.

I may be wrong, but unlike the Regulars, you get paids for the days/hours you turn up.

Therefore, if you have been told not to turn up, then you can't get paid for hours that you haven't done.

4. One Army my ARRSE!

5. One money grabbing whining barrack room lawyers :wink: opinion is that it is an interesting point that warrants further investigation.

Part of this may depend on what you are alleged to have done (not for discussion on here if you dont want to damage any case you may have) You have a contract that pays you for when you turn up. It seems to me that if your employer denies you the opportunity to work and, therefore, paid, then there may be a case under normal civillian employment law but as for QR's who knows. Speak to on eof these free solicitor surgeries that are on offer and post what they say here. I'm interested

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Remember, you are a casual labourer.

You have been accused of doing something serious enough to warrant being RTUd (from what? A course?) and banned from the TA. This will be investigated and result in you being dismissed from the TA, subject to minor administrative action, or soldier on with no charges.

You have no automatic rights to pay, because pay is given for work you do, not for being unable to do work. You were not RTUd for an injury caused during the course of your duties, but for accusations made against you which must now be investigated. Do you honestly expect to get paid while this is going on? Would you expect to claim for weekends you missed during periods of leave just because you would normally have worked 1 or 2 weekends a month if it was not during leave?

7. Morning your grace. thought this one might catch your attention :)

8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

He would get no pay from me, that's for certain!

Whinging G1 drama cases should make a contribution to Coy funds for the additional time and effort they demand from the Coy/Bn staff.