TA summer training

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by johnnyVB, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know much about the summer training camp, i believe end of july. 4 weeks long with a week off in the middle?

2. Do you mean the Midlands Challenge (instead of the 6 weekends and two-weeker)? I think that's running from the 12th of July for 4 weeks, wouldn't think they'd have a week off mind.

3. Thats sounds like the most likely thing. I was told it was the quick route through TA training so i cant believe this isnt it . I was never given the actually name for this training period but was told there was a week off in the middle =/ not that it matters!

4. It's quicker for sure - 1 month instead of 3 - and aimed at those with time to spare in the summer (probably directed at students and the like).

I assume you would have some time off (I had 1 day when on my two-week CMS(R)) but if you were to have a whole week off then they might as well shorten the course to 3 weeks instead of 4.
    I only recently found out what it was called too and don't know much about it. So hopefully somebody who's more in the know could shed some light on it for you.

5. Theres also Summer challenge, for the scots. Although i think if you dont know about it now it'll be too late to get on this year.

Summer challenege is 7 weeks i believe which covers, normally, all the soldier training ( weekends and 2 week basic recruit training) and also the trade training you require for your particular trade i.e HGV licence aquisition for drivers plus your drivers B3 course, or Radio for signallers etc

6. Cheer sheen for the advice. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Im student and they want me to do this training while im off in the summer so i can start my trade training! Ive got my medical thursday and app. i just need to pass that!

7. Would that be to find the sun? :p

No worries johnny. From what I've heard the first two weeks are the equivalent of your weekends and the the last fortnight is a normal CMS(R) which other SUT's (who have passed the weekends) can complete. So you may have more people in the later weeks of the course.

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on. :D

8. haha cheers man! appreciate the info, I'd be stoked if I get my driving license too! I'll let you know how i get on man