TA Stopping Training

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Old_Hack, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hmmm call me cynical but, we know reservists and TA do a grand job in providing trained reserves to support our stretched manpower for which we are so very short of at the moment in various theatres.

But I ask myself this question - If a TA person relies on the pay, and I suspect many do, in these hard economical/job times and this may be relied upon support is stopped - Is this a cunning plan by the powers that be to get more to volunteer for regular attachments so the reservist can help maintain and support themselves?.

So, by cutting the reserve's pay and by moving them to regular Army pay they can demonstrate a saving in one buget and by showing more recruitment overall!!! hmm Food for thought.

Joint Policy thinking - I Wish!!!
  2. hmmm let me see now..... Being cynical I would say just how much money would they actually save?

Summer is over, so all the TA have done their annual camps and earned their bounties. The training over the next 6 months would probably fall into the nice to have's.

By the time the 6 months is over they will be looking at holding their MATT courses and planning for their next annual trg camps. Anyone deploying will have their trg swept up by the Units they are being attached to.

I doubt the figure they will be saving will be all that much
  3. I havn't done my camp, I had / have a course booked in March
  4. Is a £20 million quid saving going to make that much difference to a budget thats 10s of billions short, I don't think so.

Its a desperate idea by people clutching a straws and trying to seem like they are doing something to stop the haemorrhaging from our quickly sinking UKPLC ship.

They make these decisions and we are the ones who are going to be paying for it. But f*ck it, we're in the Army so unlike the NHS or the rest of the so called public services we get on with it and make the best of a kack situation.
  5. Sorry, which paper did you say you worked for again? :wink:

In answer to your question, this is just the start of ZANU-Labour's Operation: Scorched Earth.

And believe me, chummer - you ain't seen NOTHING yet! 8O :twisted:
  6. In the words of an septic somewhere at some point.

Dang f*ucking straight partner...

prepare for incoming
  7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Actually, it's an army fcuk up all on its ownsome. We have recruited so many bright-eyed, eager young chaps and chapesses into the regular army that we don't have the money to train or equip them... whoops! Consequently, money is being taken from the only part of the budget where it isn't already committed: the TA and Cadets. Thus, naive and foolish budgetary decisions - by whom I wonder, I think we should be told - will have the net effect of dramatically and lastingly altering the shape of the TA, without any consultation either within the armed forces, below HQ LAND/RF level, or with Parliament. Oooh err!
  8. Has this actually been announced then?? Or are we treating rumour as fact?
  9. It’s an official rumour at present, based on the memo from our brigade commander which was read to the assembled masses by our OC yesterday evening. It seems that this was announced/leaked to the BBC last weekend before it was passed to the CoC, hence the confusion. The memo stated that official confirmation and orders were expected today (15/10/2009) and that we should wait out for more information in the coming days.
  10. Or the DIN that was published on 13 Oct.
  11. Thank you for this it is what I have been looking for since the weekend.
  12. This came up in PMQs today - Cameron asked about the training cut and Brown fudged the answer. Just saw an MP say he served in Afghan in the TA and heard this too, but I didn't catch his name.
  13. Not rumour, it's confirmed by chain of comand
  14. Yeah they are saving 20 million but who is to say it wont be used to provide a lot more kit for troops in Afganistan who havent got what they need...couple of helicopters maybe............... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?