TA SSgts Course

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Bits, May 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody have any information on the course content of the TA SSgts Course, and whether or not the next course is likely to be canned like some previous ones have been?

I've got two/three candidates that I need to send on the next available course, and I'd like to get a heads-up so I can make sure they are well briefed. I haven't got anyone around to ask.

Can anyone help?

2. Phone 4 Sqn, 11 Sigs.

3. Just wondering, is the TA SSgt Cse the equivalent of the Regular Sgts Cse?

If so, if you had done the Regular Sgts Cse then left and joined the TA would you have to do the TA cse too?

4. It does count

5. Would you like an invite to my unit's next promotions board? :wink:

6. Scam Jedi 12 dubery

Polar is from our unit

7. Penny drops. :D

Well it did count in my previous unit.

Guess the fact that TA SSgt course is a subset of the the Reg Sgt course is too difficult for Glasgow to get their heads around. Well I had to do a RS upgrader as I needed to do the data side of things (was AS C1) - TA YofS they should lined up against a wall and shot. :twisted:

8. I have a guy in our unit who came top recently, I know that the course would appear to be less physical than it used to be and more DW/troop administration orientated. I'll speak to him and see if I can get a heads up.

Do give 11 sigs a bell though, I've always found them very helpful, as for the course getting binned, if you can get all three of your candidates on the course it should reduce the chances of cancellation.