TA soldiers in Kabul: A day in the life - Question

Posing Photo :roll:

Either that or they've got a job with Henno

Mongoose said:
Meant to ask this a while ago when I spotted it;

from http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/TaSoldiersInKabulADayInTheLife.htm

Now that looks like a Russian Sniper rifle to me? What's the score with that likely to be then?

Apologies if it's been asked before.
I met a bloke who seriously advocated switching to the enemy's weapons system, and fighting their way up the supply chain...
Doubt it's reached quite that level of desperation out in Kabul though...

S

swampmonster

Hey Sweaty..look at all the kit they have we had none of that :)....and 4 Lancs "again" thats the second time the poor buggers have been there we took over from the last time :)

good luck Lads have a safe tour

was in kabul till feb this year 4 lancs replaced us ( 6scots ) it was`nt that boring maybe not as lively as helmond but the threat of ied`s is really high so every time your on the ground it pays to stay awake

tanto1973 said:
was in kabul till feb this year 4 lancs replaced us ( 6scots ) it was`nt that boring maybe not as lively as helmond but the threat of ied`s is really high so every time your on the ground it pays to stay awake
Of course , didn't mean any offence by it.

My comment was more about the daily routine of marshaling traffic and stagging on rather than any risk factor. I wasn't knocking the lads in any way.

When the highlight is foot patrols, you know your tour is sh*t. Mind you, doing much the same job in Helmand at present, I'd say we're no better off. A TA FP tour is always going to be w*nk.