TA soldier to be prosecuted for Mirror pics

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by msr, Oct 7, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

If he is going for court martial, presumably this means the pictures were taken on a drill night /weekend?

Cheers,
    msr

2. send him down, hope the imbecile gets a good shoeing :evil:

3. I personally hope the sentence reads:
    "To parade at the QLR barracks every evening for two hours over the next two months for beasting sessions followed by a good filling in"

4. Guys, just my personal view:

The ARRSE opinion on the Mirror forgeries is already well known. This is about a specific court martial next week. I am not suggesting that the court are necessarily all dedicated ARRSE members or will allow their verdict to be swayed by our opinion!! But if we go on too much about this now, there is a risk that someone here will be tempted to go into detail and that the media (for example) will misunderstand or misuse. Like it or not, this is a public forum.

If any of us were about to face a court martial, however 'guilty' we might be I suspect we would hope to have our day in court without a lot of comment from the sidelines.

That is why ARRSE members have felt able to comment much more freely today on the RAF reservist case.

Personally I am looking out my Tourrette's keyboard for later. I suggest we follow the case with interest, THEN comment.

5. The only way these guys can be court martialled is if they've:

been mobilised, they are officers or they are voluntarily turning up to the court martial.

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Good.

7. If found guilty, I hope they nail his nuts to the floor. Unfortunately, as the recent case with the AWOL crab medic has shown, he will probably be given a slapped wrist and thrown out.

8. Sudden thought!

What happens to a TA wallah if he gets sentenced at CM to 6 months at MCTC?

9. I think it's more likely that the pics were taken whilst he was on post-Telic leave, so still under military law. According to a QLR blerk I was talking to a couple of weeks back, the pics were taken by soldiers who had been in Iraq. The guy getting the 'kicking' was an Asian member of the TA battalion, BTW :roll:

10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I suppose if he does all of his ITDs at MCTC he might even qualify for his bounty!

11. Na, if he's in MCTC he'll be a soldier under sentence and as such not paid. If he's not paid they won't count as MTDs and so he can't qualify for his bounty. I don't think he'll be in too long after that.

12. Maybe he'll just do tuesday nights and alternate weekends?

13. He must be in a SWAT team - Some Weekends And Tuesdays

14. Organise a bit of Bn milling, tie boths the cnuts hands behind his back and throw him in :twisted:

15. whatever happens to the kn0b, short of fireing squad :twisted: wont be enough :evil: