• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA Soldier made redundant while mobilised

"but he lost his job along with another 400 staff at the US-owned company’s factory in Darlington, and has been out of work since. "

He has my sympathy, but the employment protection does not cover you if your entire department is 'downsized'.

msr

Sadto hear the news, but it happened to me a few years ago mid tour I received a letter from my employers stating I was being made redundant at the end of my POTL. they got round it my stating Corporate restructoring and 'got away with it'.

Stilts

One of the reasons I resigned and extended my mobilised service was so I didn't return to my old job just in time for redundancies (Is your job necessary ... well, we've just done without you for 6 months ...). Luckily I was in the UK and could get the wheels turning to look for a job before I got out.

Redundancy sucks, anyone affected has my heartfelt sympathy.

Latest Threads