TA service - P company

Hi,

I left the regular army in 1990 after serving 7 years in the RHA and RA, Im 41 now and Ive just noticed that the TA have raised the joining age to 43 for certain jobs, anyway I fancy joining, but the thing is I want to do P company again, I failed it when I was 17 due to injuries and ive always wanted to complete it. Ive remained very fit and can still do a BFT in sub 9 mins, Im a lot stronger now than when I was 17 and I reckon a lot wiser although some might say not. I feel its something I have to do.

Has anyone heard of anyone passing P company at my age, I know that someone passed the commando course at 55 which was impressive.

Thanks

D 07

my postman (who wears his maroon beret whilst on his rounds) told me he passed P-company at 39 back in the 1980's, but failed AACC twice stating that you need alot more mental 'toughness' to complete AACC than p-company, as he said he didnt "have time to sh#t on p-company! so not as much gradual mental strain and wear"

Obviously Delta (and I hate to be a bore here) your going to really need to increase core strength and keep your muscles / joints supple as you won't be doing the same regular high demanding phys as you would at an airborne unit. As you had a crack at it a few ( ? ) years back you no what to expect so start training safely with weight an don't jump in the deep end to start off with. All the best for P Coy mate, hopw you pass and get to wear the badge

I remember reading a thread that described the differences between regular and TA P Coy training programmes, a search should pull it up.
Failing that, try and track down The_Duke in the TA forum, he is the subject matter expert on all things 4 Para, drop him a PM and I'm sure he will advise you.

Latest Threads