TA Safety?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Aug 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a brick thrown through me front window last night... it got me thinking was it the loon at the bottom of the garden, some random drunk or some ethnic/labourite taking offence at me being in the TA (obviously was in uniform last night & I live in a highly ethnic diverse area)

anyone else seen anti TA violence? ??
  2. being in the TA in Northern Ireland I sometimes find it hard to realise that you guys on the mainland would wear uniform going to/from your TACs.

here we'd never wear uniform in 'civvy street', and we cant even hang our dpm washing out on the line. It all has to be dried indoors.

With the reduction in Irish terrorism i know that security had been reduced, but with acts like this...maybe the NI policy that should be adopted across the UK?

3. Yes, those regular training instructors were brutes and shouted abuse at TA soldiers.

- Not the kind of response you were after Polar?!
  4. While I'm not saying that the two incidents are un-connected. Perhaps you're being a bit hasty with your accusations?

You'll probably find that if this is indeed hatred of the army, they are too ignorant to know the difference between the TA and the Regs anyhow.
  5. Most of us dont and never would.
  6. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

One of the girls in my unit mentioned a while back that she would get shouted at while walking home on occasion. If she was on her own, she risked being attacked (but in turn she has a mean left hook), but if there were two of them, there would not be a problem. I think this was in london somewhere...
  7. Yes I probably am.
  8. i have never worn my uniform home, and with a bit of gentle persuation, i have managed to get a couple of the younger one's to stop wearing thier's home.

it is down to PERSEC, and this is what we advise new recruits once they receive thier kit.
  9. In my time in the ta (coulnt call it a career without laughing) heard of 3 street fights involving guys in ta .2 were just random loons from pubs on the way home .3rd was a gang who liked picking on squaddies in salisbury.
    A fight involving the most harmless elements of our battalion vrs a bunch of low lifes (before the term chav invented).In the morning in the middle of salisbury.Surprisingly our guys won, well considering psi opinion of them was couldnt fight way out of paper bag without air support :D .
    Think its just a random loon. The first two occasions they were in uniform.
  10. I think its unlikely to be some random loon - why only your window.

Would be worth reporting to the police regardless lest further incidences occur.
  11. Have done, my neighbours and I are reporting anything that happens because of the loon neighbour.

Going back to HVM comments, should we now be increasing our own PERSEC? As I mentioned my case maybe odd (I live 400m from where some of the 7/7 bombers came from), I know I am putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. (and yesterday was a quiet day for posts on this forum)
  12. I thought it was regarded as bad drills to wear your uniform in public anyway. I certainly wouldn't wear it near home. Same goes for carrying bergens, DPM kit etc. I don't know anyone who would wear uniforms when going home after a drill night. Perhaps some units need a few reminders.
  13. What PERSEC measures should Walts be taking at the moment?
  14. Wear the bali-clava all the time and tell everyone you meet that your 'just back' or 'just off' on 'Ops mate, cant tell yer much abarrt it though'...
  15. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Which is a significant factor in recruiting problems for both the TA and the Regular Army.