TA reserve liability

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Countrylad, Feb 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll start with a disclaimer - I searched and found loads of stuff about Regular's reserve liability but couldn't see anything for the TA, so apologies if my google fu is weak and this has already been posted elsewhere;

I signed off from the TA at the end of last year (yay!), and currently I'm filling out a job application and you have to fill out if you've previously served in the armed services and have a reserve liability? Question is, do I have one? Or being a gopping stab creature once I've signed off is HM gov finally rid of me?

Cheers in advance.

Awaiting some hopefully witty and amusing stab baiting, informative and accurate replies or a combination of both!

2. Only regulars go on the reserve.

3. ...and TA officers who successfully apply to join the Regular Army Reserve of Officers...

4. That's interesting: can a STAB officer join the RARO? Can't imagine why they'd want to, mind...

5. TA Regs:

4.181. RARO. It is desirable that officers on retiring from the TA should continue to serve in RARO until reaching the age for retirement from that reserve as laid down in the Pay Warrant 1964, Article 273. Superior officers are to draw the attention of officers about to retire to this fact and encourage them to apply for appointment to the RARO on an AF E613.

6. making sure there's never a shortage of doddering old bluffers to clutter the place up ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice one, cheers.

8. I did that. Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the retirement age for TA infantry? :)

9. msr

msr LE

I suspect you need to look at Pay Warrant 1964, Article 273 ;)

10. About half past nine

11. 60 with a commission?