Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Hoggy, Jul 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently doing my phase 1 training with the TA weekend 6 but thinking about the regs is it true that if you pass your phase 1 in the TA you can start the regs at week 10 in a back troop?or do you have to start the joining process all over again? Cheers
  2. I'm sure the search function is working and so will the stickies.
  3. What do you mean?
  4. Start again. You start all over again. All that fun and extra helpings too.
  5. Let's think about a logical answer, no?

So you do 9 weekends in the TA (which is really just a day and a half, as nothing gets done Friday night, and everyone leaves the RTC by about 1400 sunday), and that substitutes 10 weeks of full time training. Does that REALLY make any sense?

I don't think the question really needed asking, did it.
  6. That's what I thought.it was 1 of my mates who's in the TA told me that you can that's why I was just asking.cheers for the answers
  7. Also what about the joining process will I have to start with the application process and all the medical and barb test?
  8. no you will begin with a practical assessment in which you must **** a horse without it kicking you.

what do you ******* think?
  9. Look on the bright side. You'll have 10 weeks to do what you know you can achieve in 13 days. :eye:
  10. Thanks for the replys I was just making sure that's all
  11. I would doubt that very much, after a very nice phone call to a receiving WO, I managed to get a TA bloke to miss the first six weeks (or was it three, can't remember exactly) on transfer from TA to Reg, but then again he was a trained soldiers with two Inf Operational tours under his belt.