TA recruiting stand Pickering North Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar69, Aug 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If there are any potential recruits who would like a look at the Royal Signals (TA) then 34 Sigs will be at the Pickering Steam Rally this weekend

Please come along to our stand and have a look at our kit and speak to "serving" TA soldiers and our recruiters.
  2. what kind of "serving" is that???
  3. Better than ours Polar
  4. Much as I'd like to do a Fred Dibnah and pay homage to the mighty steam engine, sadly I won't be able to make the trip to God's own country. Do you take any kit with you to display?

Let me be clearer - will you be displaying some of that wonderful 1950's technology, Clansman?
  5. Yes 1Xptarmigan TN setup a recruiting caravan and some odds and ends
  6. Cheers Polar - not a pizz take - I came across a similar stand in the shopping centre on Saturday. Lots of talk about Bowman from the soldiers there, but a static display of a 353 and 321 made it all a bit bleeding edge as opposed to cutting edge, if you get my drift.

Not dissing the soldiers, but interesting to talk to them first hand about recruiting and retention issues for the TA.
  7. I may go along to that on Sunday Polar69 as it's not a million miles away from where I am. What is the age range for the TA as I may bring my son along who is 18 and might be interested.
  8. 18 is old enough , bring him along !! Look for a yellow and green TA flag
  9. And what's the maximum age? (for me! :D )
  10. Are you taking a big blanket to cover the SW?

If some rumours are true........ a certain 'newly formed yesterday' sqn is the .......
  11. What are the timings?

What are you giving away free? ;)
  12. The walking dead need not apply, does your son glue his ear to his shoulder too?
  13. Oh you're so tiresome Goku :yawn: :yawn:

I tried the TA recruiting Polar69 and you're right the maximum age to join is 32, but 34 if you have military experience - unfortunately my mate is 40!!

Thanks anyway :)
  14. Have a good show this weekend guys. I wish i was back at 34 sigs. Hope you get loads of people turning up to Brambles Farm from it!
  15. msr

msr LE

Would love to know the average age for attendance at a Steam Rally...