TA recruiting process: 2 weekends 2 weeks apart

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Are there any actual difficulties* in getting the recruiting process (from first interview to attestation / kit issue) down to 2 weekends 2 weeks apart, assuming the potential recruit brings in all the right paperwork on the first weekend?

*i.e. ones which cannot be solved by throwing a bit of resources at them.

m-s-r

2. Having the manpower available at TAC's to process the aplications might be a problem (although my unit has found funding/MTDs to provide someone through the week to keep recruiting on the boil).

Getting kit issued can also still be a drama; we don't hold much stock because the army has moved more towards a last minute supply system to save money (or so my storeman contact tells me).

3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

what! you mean get them a uniform in under four weeks? preposterous, they dont keep that sort of thing on the shelf you know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good God man, its not as if there is a BFO warehouse full of the stuff, is there?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ask your PSI.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm still filling out the application form, the receptionist at my doctors insists that I need to come in before my GP will sign off the medical as they've never actually met me before. Something I could have done without as I'm away at uni so visiting my doctors at home will be a pain.

Not the TA's fault I know but I'm still p*ssed.

7. Well, at least the Army's getting more for its £65 than a rubber stamp and an illegible signature.

8. I didn't think you were allowed to have your own GP sign your medical? When I joined I had to visit some Sri Lanken chap around the corner from where the TAC used to be. One doctor for everyone in the company.

9. I'm talking about the RG 8 where it states "In order that we can fully evaluate your medical fitness... blah blah blah... You will need to take the questionnaire to your general practitioner to varify your answers and complete section 7."

I haven't got as far as the proper medical yet.