TA recruiting posters - how easy is this?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Feb 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

I am after 1x A5 poster to put in my local supermarket.

Why can it not be as easy as this: http://www.freepdfcards.com ?

Just need to create a similar site where you add the type of unit / unit name / address / contact number and off you go. All produced to 'brand standards' and instantly available for printing.

Now, if we had a graphic designer and a web designer who were out of work...

2. Something like this?

Other units also available for the scruffy oiks.
  3. How about this one?

Attached Files:

4. Hang around a couple of months, and I'm sure you'll be able to take your pick :x

Seriously though, if it's got to be A5 (filofax size), you don't need a lot of design. You've got enough space for about 4 words, in a font size big enough for people to see from about 10 feet away. "Want to be a soldier?", with contact details at the bottom,and a picture of an unpaid extra from Ross Kemp's latest series, and the job's done.

Is direct mailing to all the 17-year-olds on the electoral roll illegal these days?
  5. msr

msr LE

I would like to put it up on the Community Noticeboard at a local supermarket.
  6. MS Word. Couple of big words to grab the attention, a nice piccy inthe middle of your unit doing something warry (MUST BE TOTALLY UNRELATED TO NORMAL ROLE) and the contact details at the bottom.

A few bullet points arround the edges of the piccy like wages, commitment required. on the left could be the "down sides" like commitment and time expended on the right could be the "up sides" like adventure training etc.
  7. If you want help designing it, I could help you. PM sent, msr.
  8. msr

msr LE

Trouble is, you can't go round just designing and putting up your own posters.

They have to be 'brand standard' and produced by an external Agency.

9. I do a bit of graphic design for my company, making stickers etc. Ive got a bloody long PDF file stating the do's and dont's of my regiments insignia, colours etc. Theyre not copyrighted but theres lots of specifications, an example...

"When incorporating text on the TRF with cap badge lettering will be placed above and below the 'Red Lines'. For battalion boards the battalion number with BATTALION appears central and above the line and blah blah blah"

Riveting stuff, really.
  10. msr

msr LE

Which exactly proves my point: set up a site which will let us produce materials which meet the required standards.

11. That's just about average sh1t which you get in corporate land, too.

Had some right fun and games with the red-tape junkies in the past trying to get them to accept that rule A and rule D on some crappy branding guideline are actively contradictory and thus we can go around the loop as many times as we like but either they accept that the only way to comply with 1 is to fail on the other.
  12. msr

msr LE

RAR ;)
  13. Ahah! but some of us work to brand standards for external agencies....
  14. msr

msr LE

Can you run me up a poster then?