TA PTI

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Magic-Monkey, Jun 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am loaded on to the 2 week TA PTI’s course shortly, which is taking place down at the Shot, not really to bothered about the course content, but if anyone who has recently attended, could shed some light on stuff like, what the accommodation is like, are there washing facilities in the blocks etc etc

What bits of extra kit are worth taking

Just general admin type of info would be smashing.
    Thanks

2. I spoke to my cousin at the weekend since he did the Reg PTI Course. One thing he suggested was to take laptop and printer to make things like exercise cards and lesson plans look more professional.

When are you doing it?

3. msr

msr LE

4. Course starts 12th July

5. also doing my PTI course in august, will add some detail to the wiki if there is anything that needs to be added

6. The blocks are pretty bad, foods alright, take as much spare kit as you can, especially phys kit, good call about the laptop and printer, there is a naafi facility with vending machines and internet. but its all a bit basic.

7. let us know how it goes

8. The food at Hammersley Barracks is disgusting you won't want to eat in that cookhouse it's that bad.

9. Sounds so exciting already, best take the Jet boil and plenty of ratpacks then i guess.

I will update the thread on my return, if i survive that is.

10. Since when has it gone rotten? A few years back it was lovely. More importantly, is it still free?

11. It has been rotten for years, and yeah its still free.

12. Awesome. I wish I was going now. It'd have to be the Aldershot equivalent of the Portuguese breakfast for me not to eat it.

13. I thought it was a really good standard,I have obviously ate in some utter shite cookhouses over the years plus the wifes never been much of a Delia!