TA PTI (INTER) + modular weekends

For all the TA PTIs out there, who know the new system of progression with camps and modular weekends - how many have done, or at least seen advertised, the modular weekends required for the Inters course?

I heard, on my course, that they were supposed to be organised at Div level ... but have heard nought of it since ...

Any updates from recent attendees/people-in-the-know?

norfolk_n_chance said:
For all the TA PTIs out there, who know the new system of progression with camps and modular weekends - how many have done, or at least seen advertised, the modular weekends required for the Inters course?

I heard, on my course, that they were supposed to be organised at Div level ... but have heard nought of it since ...

From April 1st, LDRTC has a full time PTI, to help organise PTI training, as far as I understand, for London District. I am not yet fully aware of their total responsibilities.

Please watch our web site for firther detaisl and courses that we may be offering in the near future.

Jennie

norfolk_n_chance said:
Make sure you can pass the intermediate PTI standards before attending the course, I believe at least 3 lost their PTI qualification on the first intermediate course because they failed it. (Having an injury doesn't stop them from stripping your qualification)

I think being up to standards is a given ... or should be - but thanks for the advice Polar. I read about the PTI failures on your thread a while ago - hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Bibo_boy ... do you know approx how often 49 Bde run their modular weekends?

Its good to hear that Jennie - I hope other RTCs will follow their example, and publish their course dates accessibly.

bibo_boy said:
Try 49 bde, they are running these now.....
I don't recall this from the ETL course (probably because I was concentrating on why lactic acid can be good). Are they now running other w/ends which bolt onto the ETL course, so you can qualify to do the press ups & sit ups stuff, assault courses, train recruits, etc?

Think it would be good if they did, just don't recall it.

Pork_Pie said:
bibo_boy said:
I don't recall this from the ETL course (probably because I was concentrating on why lactic acid can be good). Are they now running other w/ends which bolt onto the ETL course, so you can qualify to do the press ups & sit ups stuff, assault courses, train recruits, etc?

Unfortunately not (or at least, I think not)

The modular weekends are pre-requisite blocks before a TA PTI (Basic) can undergo his/her TA PTI (Intermediate) cse.

norfolk_n_chance said:
Pork_Pie said:
bibo_boy said:

Unfortunately not (or at least, I think not)

The modular weekends are pre-requisite blocks before a TA PTI (Basic) can undergo his/her TA PTI (Intermediate) cse.
Sorry, didn't read thread properly, should have noticed the 'inter' in the title ! :oops:

I know it's a bit far for most of you, but 39 Bde's SMI has got in touch with all PTI's in his area & is catering the modules to availability, which is very handy.

I've the handouts for the 3 modules if anyone wants further info? PM pref.