Ta pti basic

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by cheese, Sep 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, looking at doing this course, partly as a mega beat up for myself. I am after information regarding entry requirements, dates (summer/ autumn 2011) and experiences.

Cheers

2. What side of the wall are you?

3. Dates for Summer/Autumn 2011 won't be available to around March 2011. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to fill you in on the course details.

You'll be required to pass an MST, AFT and PFA in the month preceding the course to be eligible to attend.

4. RTC (S) run a modular one, the first w/e of the current one was 24-26 Sept so you've lucked out on that, however they're running another (Cse 2011/01) starting 14-16 Jan 2011.

5. I am trying to get on this course and I have heard that there may be a course in November, anybody else heard of this.. the next date after is March 2011.. Regards OG

6. Looking at our, RTC (S), courses programme those dates are current, the November date you may have heard is the third module, 19-21?

7. PTI Courses are taken at ASPT Aldershot, the only modules I can recall are the 3 modules to be completed prior to the intermediate course. The TA PTI Basic course is completed over 2 weeks.

8. I've checked my information and I stand corrected, the courses programme is wrong....Flexor is correct, the modules we run are what used to be known as the intermediate course we also run the Pre course assessment.

9. Ask your PSI :p

10. Pre course assessment is undertaken at RTCs prior to TA PTI basic course over 10 days down at Aldershot. Next basic course is March 11.

Intermediate modules (1-3) are also run at RTCs over three weekends and must be completed before TA PTI Intermediate course which is again ten days at ASPT.

11. RTC are trying to get all three modules done in a seven day course as opposed to three weekends,I did this as the week long course two months ago_On one of the days halfway through the week we were taken to Sandhurst to see how officer cadets receive PT during there time there then to Headley Court to see how the guys are put into physical rehabilitation .
    As far as I'm aware this is not set in stone and has not yet been implemented,I think the week I completed was a "lets see how this works" week.

12. It depends on your RTC, so far 15 Bde aren't running a condensed version of the 1-3 modules. I'd also argue that 3 weekends at the RTC is easier for an employed TA soldier than booking a week off for the modules followed by another 2 weeks for the intermediate course...