TA Promotions?

#2
Promotion? It's just a carrot on the end of a stick, only when the become bored of the game do they forget to hold the stick up and let you get a bite!
 
#3
try this one, how can someone who has been medicly down graded and has a paper pass for a bounty every year qualify for promotion,
no joke it happend recently
 
#4
Cutn'pasted from a PowerPoint slide, cos I'm lazy

Power to appoint up to WO1 vested in CO on behalf of MS
Conditional on approval by Col TA & Res MCM Div
Boards held at least annually
President (CO), members (Maj ideally) & secretary (Adjt)
Consider CRs only (plus course reports?)
No discussion
Marking 1-10
Minimum average score of 5 per Board member required
No more than 2 marks between scores (remark)
highest scorer promoted first (subject to geography/circumstances etc)
 
#6
d12gnr said:
try this one, how can someone who has been medicly down graded and has a paper pass for a bounty every year qualify for promotion,
no joke it happend recently
AHH YOU MUST BE IN 39 SIGS AS WELL THEN :roll:
 
#7
Reg army downgraded soldiers still get the courses and promotions. They are supposed to be restricted as to operational duties but that is sometimes ignored due to commitments and manpower availability.

Why should it be any different for the TA - after all, its One Army now :lol:
 
S

swampmonster

Guest
#8
I tought it was the tossers that never do a shift that got made up while the rest of us are in Sandpits working....thats the way it seems to me :(
 
#9
BayonetPinCushion said:
Reg army downgraded soldiers still get the courses and promotions. They are supposed to be restricted as to operational duties but that is sometimes ignored due to commitments and manpower availability.

Why should it be any different for the TA - after all, its One Army now :lol:
TA soldiers are deployed with the same medical standards as the regular Army at the discretion of the employing operational unit ie down to P3 LE
 
#10
It is all laid down in TA Practice and Precedence which is a meaty document held by your unit. In essence boards are conducted internally and made up depending on who is being looked at for promotion ie what rank. They must be properly conducted and all results should be signed and kept for audit purposes.
 
#11
deejay075 said:
It is all laid down in TA Practice and Precedence
Do you mean TA Regs or are you referring to a JSP here?

msr
 
#12
msr said:
deejay075 said:
It is all laid down in TA Practice and Precedence
Do you mean TA Regs or are you referring to a JSP here?

msr
TA P&P is a stand-alone doc which gives the guidelines and conditions for the conduct of promotion/selection boards and the qualifications required for promotion. It is issued annually.
 
S

swampmonster

Guest
#13
Sangreal said:
msr said:
deejay075 said:
It is all laid down in TA Practice and Precedence
Do you mean TA Regs or are you referring to a JSP here?

msr
TA P&P is a stand-alone doc which gives the guidelines and conditions for the conduct of promotion/selection boards and the qualifications required for promotion. It is issued annually.
And how often is this followed?...a single OC can bypass the system before the paperwork goes up the chain from Company level.
Even with the guidelines in place in is not often followed and steps are overlooked.....This is not a Moan for my sake...not got a problem there...but i have seen it in other cases :(
 
#14
Dilfor said:
Cutn'pasted from a PowerPoint slide, cos I'm lazy

Power to appoint up to WO1 vested in CO on behalf of MS
Conditional on approval by Col TA & Res MCM Div
Boards held at least annually
President (CO), members (Maj ideally) & secretary (Adjt)
Consider CRs only (plus course reports?)
No discussion
Marking 1-10
Minimum average score of 5 per Board member required
No more than 2 marks between scores (remark)
highest scorer promoted first (subject to geography/circumstances etc)
CO can promote up to Capt (Maj really but this requires the nod from HA).

Discussion is allowed as this is how 2 point discrepancies are resolved.

Can be 4 or 5 man board with the quality line (QL) adjusted depending on which it is. 5 points is 'up-to-the-standard' thus for a 4 man board the QL =20 points and 5 man board = 25pts. As a minimum you need to reach these QLs to be eligible for promotion.
 
#15
swampmonster said:
Sangreal said:
msr said:
deejay075 said:
It is all laid down in TA Practice and Precedence
Do you mean TA Regs or are you referring to a JSP here?

msr
TA P&P is a stand-alone doc which gives the guidelines and conditions for the conduct of promotion/selection boards and the qualifications required for promotion. It is issued annually.
And how often is this followed?...a single OC can bypass the system before the paperwork goes up the chain from Company level.
Even with the guidelines in place in is not often followed and steps are overlooked.....This is not a Moan for my sake...not got a problem there...but i have seen it in other cases :(
Sub-Units run boards for promotion up to Cpl but any authority for promotion must be signed-off by the CO or their RHQ rep.

All SNCO, WO and Offr boards should be conducted at unit level and chaired by (ideally) the CO.

Clearly an OC could prevent a worthy soldier getting his foot on the ladder by not recommending him at sub-unit level but then he would be a c0ck and not fit-for-role.
 
#16
Sangreal said:
msr said:
deejay075 said:
It is all laid down in TA Practice and Precedence
Do you mean TA Regs or are you referring to a JSP here?

msr
TA P&P is a stand-alone doc which gives the guidelines and conditions for the conduct of promotion/selection boards and the qualifications required for promotion. It is issued annually.
Do you have a link to this? I have never seen it.

msr
 
#17
No. There's a dead link on ArmyNet but you should be able to get a copy on MS Web if you have RLI. I will try tomorrow at work if no-one gets it before then.
 
#19
and, of course, there must be a position to promote someone into. it's very frustrating to know you can't be promoted until the bloke ahead is promoted or leaves, especially if he rarely attends but never quite falls into the 3 month rule.
and then there's the frustration of not being able to get on the trade course you need to secure the next step up the greasy pole...
 
#20
A lad from my TAC passed the jnco cadre 2 years ago but hasnt been promoted because he has a big mouth, he isnt disrespectful to seniors but he tells it like it is and is the dogs working parts when it comes to anything military, also 2 guys on my mobilisation have been given the rank of local l/cpl because we dont have enough team commanders in our platoon. They dont get paid any more than their normal bog standard kingsman pay and loose the rank straight after de-mob. I think they should keep it if they can do the job but obviously in the eyes of the powers that be they cannot.

Promotion in the TA only comes to you if you are in the right 'clique'
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sam_Fisher Aviation 4
W Aviation 0
E AGC, RAPTC and SASC 12

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top