TA PQO Course

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by tinks, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Hope someone can shead a light on the PQO course for me.
    At the moment I'm in the TA and work as a staff nurse within the unit I have done and passed all my recruit training last year and gained my Cpl.
    I am now working towards doing my officer training but as nobody from my unit has done the New PQO course I have nobody to fill in the blanks ie what is the fitness requirements what do you fail on, what are they looking for etc.
    I still need to sit my AOSB what kind of questions will they be asking and again what will be expected
    Thanks again

2. I never did the new style AOSB weekend, but I believe it usual sort of "what can you bring to the Army" sort of questions, probably a PFT and command tasks

I did PQOa+b in 2008 and 2009 at RMAS
    Plenty of drill, basic MATTs training and PT on PQOa
    More drill, presentations, lectures, command tasks, 5 day field exercise,section attacks and PT at RMAS

They seem to be failing mainly on fitness, 2 binned on my course and a number binned for being unfit in Jan I believe

Try and look interested in the lectures, put 100% into the physical tasks and get fit to pass PFT/CFT I'd say

3. The Adjutant should be able to brief you on AOSB..... have you asked them??