• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA Phys. What's the score.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Stuck in Naafi to allow for crayoning and general joshing about... but it's still a proper question.

I've been doing quite a bit recently, but I wouldn't say I was 'fit'. I can pass a kids BFT, though. Not bad for 38.

I know the official line. One army and all that, but what's the reality? PT at the units and basic? Basic especially - how hard is the phys? Specifically, should I expect to encounter similar tortures to regular basic?

All answers welcome.

Stuck in Naafi to allow for crayoning and general joshing about... but it's still a proper question.

I've been doing quite a bit recently, but I wouldn't say I was 'fit'. I can pass a kids BFT, though. Not bad for 38.

I know the official line. One army and all that, but what's the reality? PT at the units and basic? Basic especially - how hard is the pys?

All answers welcome.
Probably the same as dress standards and weapons drills.in one word,pants.

If you can pass an AFT and PFT then you've go no worries. Training night phys is dependent on the unit having access to a White Vest wearing gym God(V).
Piece of piss.

What you mean TA units do phys on a drill night?
I thought over weight SSgt's & WO2's was normal for a unit?
Blimey you learn something new every day here!

You will do phys during your training and when you get to your unit you have the PFA and the AFT. The PFA you have to turn up for and the AFT you need to get a tick in the box so you can get your bounty. If you don't pass it just ask the PTI to sign you off anyway. Easy isn't it?

Latest Threads