TA Pensions

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Weissbier, Sep 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the latest position is on pensions for the TA?
  2. Costs money, no votes in it - you be the judge.
  3. A bit like marching on Moscow... or going to war in Afghanistan, then? Or invading Ba'athist Iraq without a post-conflict strategy in place? No sane government would do that either, would they?
  4. Been raised in the courts - TA classed as casual labour therefore no entitlement.
    Also consider most civvy pensions are next to useless, so a TA pension will be even more so.
  5. Thats a 100% certainty, good point well made. I'd prefer it if they spent more money on simple things, like having enough blank on Ex rather than 5 rounds per man per weekend.

6. Blank on an exercise!!- Surely that's crazy talk
  7. Too right - it's only a short step from there to blank on ops! :omg:

8. No NO NO.... Blank is not just a myth... it actually exists.... unfortunately i have progressed sufficiently through the ranks to now get issued boxes that are attached to bungees... i am issued a box on Friday and hand the same box back on a Sunday. I mis the time when life was so simple :cry: :cry:
  9. msr

msr LE

You must be in 33 Signal Regiment.

10. No Sir... i am Infantry and proud.
  11. i thought the courts stated that ALL casual workers were to be re-considered if the terms and conditions of employment were the same or "substantially similar" to those other employees already, or likely, to receive employment relatred benefit and pensions?
  12. msr

msr LE

Perhaps you should give Finian Mason a call..

13. I thought this forum was "no names no pack drill". Anyway its' Manson ;)

I believe that some London based TA lawyer was trying to get cash together to take a class action case to court. Not sure what happened to it or if it happened.
  14. Sounds a bit like Fat Nick; named as such because his first name is Nick and...
  15. I had an oppurtunity back in 2001 to have a meeting with the Regular Army Pay review body also the APC i posed the question then about a TA Pension to come into line with our civi colleages get a pension when they are Part Time workers, the APC Guy came across with this casual worker staus, One of the guys from the pay review body said if that was contested in a court then he suggested the army would loose