TA Pensions

#3
Blyth_spirit said:
Costs money, no votes in it - you be the judge.
A bit like marching on Moscow... or going to war in Afghanistan, then? Or invading Ba'athist Iraq without a post-conflict strategy in place? No sane government would do that either, would they?
 
#4
Been raised in the courts - TA classed as casual labour therefore no entitlement.
Also consider most civvy pensions are next to useless, so a TA pension will be even more so.
 
#5
yater_spoon said:
Also consider most civvy pensions are next to useless, so a TA pension will be even more so.
Thats a 100% certainty, good point well made. I'd prefer it if they spent more money on simple things, like having enough blank on Ex rather than 5 rounds per man per weekend.

TB
 
#6
TopBadger said:
yater_spoon said:
Also consider most civvy pensions are next to useless, so a TA pension will be even more so.
Thats a 100% certainty, good point well made. I'd prefer it if they spent more money on simple things, like having enough blank on Ex rather than 5 rounds per man per weekend.

TB
Blank on an exercise!!- Surely that's crazy talk
 
#7
Moonraker_Cav said:
TopBadger said:
yater_spoon said:
Also consider most civvy pensions are next to useless, so a TA pension will be even more so.
Thats a 100% certainty, good point well made. I'd prefer it if they spent more money on simple things, like having enough blank on Ex rather than 5 rounds per man per weekend.

TB
Blank on an exercise!!- Surely that's crazy talk
Too right - it's only a short step from there to blank on ops! :omg:
 
#8
fas_et_gloria said:
Moonraker_Cav said:
TopBadger said:
yater_spoon said:
Also consider most civvy pensions are next to useless, so a TA pension will be even more so.
Thats a 100% certainty, good point well made. I'd prefer it if they spent more money on simple things, like having enough blank on Ex rather than 5 rounds per man per weekend.

TB
Blank on an exercise!!- Surely that's crazy talk
Too right - it's only a short step from there to blank on ops! :omg:

No NO NO.... Blank is not just a myth... it actually exists.... unfortunately i have progressed sufficiently through the ranks to now get issued boxes that are attached to bungees... i am issued a box on Friday and hand the same box back on a Sunday. I mis the time when life was so simple :cry: :cry:
 
#9
stripeyboot said:
No NO NO.... Blank is not just a myth... it actually exists.... unfortunately i have progressed sufficiently through the ranks to now get issued boxes that are attached to bungees... i am issued a box on Friday and hand the same box back on a Sunday. I mis the time when life was so simple :cry: :cry:
You must be in 33 Signal Regiment.

msr
 
#10
msr said:
stripeyboot said:
No NO NO.... Blank is not just a myth... it actually exists.... unfortunately i have progressed sufficiently through the ranks to now get issued boxes that are attached to bungees... i am issued a box on Friday and hand the same box back on a Sunday. I mis the time when life was so simple :cry: :cry:
You must be in 33 Signal Regiment.

msr
No Sir... i am Infantry and proud.
 
#11
i thought the courts stated that ALL casual workers were to be re-considered if the terms and conditions of employment were the same or "substantially similar" to those other employees already, or likely, to receive employment relatred benefit and pensions?
 
#12
Perhaps you should give Finian Mason a call..

msr
 
#14
Sounds a bit like Fat Nick; named as such because his first name is Nick and...
 
#15
I had an oppurtunity back in 2001 to have a meeting with the Regular Army Pay review body also the APC i posed the question then about a TA Pension to come into line with our civi colleages get a pension when they are Part Time workers, the APC Guy came across with this casual worker staus, One of the guys from the pay review body said if that was contested in a court then he suggested the army would loose
 
#16
I have a friend who on upon first approaching and joining the TA thought that it was unpaid voluntary work and was still more than happy to do it.On finding out there was pay she was amazed but happy , on finding out there was a bounty she was astounded and happy.Where did this type of TA soldier go, why does it all seem to be about just how much people can get out of it in monetary terms. It's starting to get like those who join the Regs to get paid to learn a trade rather than paying for it themselves in civvie street. In light of recent events and the obvious shortage of funds to supply the troops on the ground, maybe it's time everyone stopped being so bloody 'jack' about these things. The TA get paid the same daily rates as the Regs when they put any time in , they also have their civvie wage and civvie pension. It has recently been worked out that the British soldier is paid approx £2.45ph (and they dont get a yearly bounty either) , do you STILL want the same rates as a Regular soldier!!!!Why not put your bounty in the bank and look upon it as your TA pension being paid NOW.
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#17
It's not going to happen, so stop worrying about it.

Meanwhile, do what I do, and have done for years - as TA Pay is not pensionable, pay as much as you can afford to into a private pension scheme - and claim the tax back. The Revenue don't like it of course, but it's perfectly acceptable, and my Tax Code has benefited for years :) This was suggested to me when I first joined, and I have advised people about this myself over the years.

Second advantage - it is allowable even if you are a member of a Company or other scheme, as it is a second income. Thirdly, it is one of the very few schemes where the funds are available before you are 60, as you have to leave before then (well, you did then, anyway...)

Now, if the EU or someone does rule that we are entitled to pensions (and this is NOT AT ALL likely) where does this leave me, and many many others, who have taken this tax break already? Will Mr Brown want to take it all back? Will my 'pension' be abated to account for it? The posibilities are endles, and only the Lawyers will make anything from it in the end!
 
#19
lesliehannah said:
I had an oppurtunity back in 2001 to have a meeting with the Regular Army Pay review body also the APC i posed the question then about a TA Pension to come into line with our civi colleages get a pension when they are Part Time workers, the APC Guy came across with this casual worker staus, One of the guys from the pay review body said if that was contested in a court then he suggested the army would loose
Well there's the answer........ I hereby form "THE Casual Labour Army Pension" Movement. Or THE C.L.A.P for short...................squaddie humour... its the best in the world!!
 
#20
TA Pension is an anagram of 'not a penis'

did you know?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top