TA Pay

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by cannon fodder, Mar 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone here have probs with pay.. I think the TA pay system is the biggest joke ever. I am still owed money for exercises I done in Jan, and I only got £160 for 2 weeks in ... f**king Brecon! INSULT!

Do Glasgow get TA pay forms and use them as coasters for their tea and coffee cups?

Or is this just my busted up unit being fannies as usual?
  2. It's probably down to your pay staff. Get a hold of his/her b*llocks and tell them to get the finger out. :roll:

You've earned it so expect it in return. :D
  3. In a similar vein, can anyone explain why we're paid as "on appointment" when mobilised? After 2 Telics I still can't get a sensible answer out of G1 either at RTMC, or my parent unit.

It's another one of lifes annoyances, but the few extra quid a day (at a 4 yr increment) adds up over 6 months.. :?

STAB - Still The Armys Best... :wink:
  4. Devilish , normally you'd be right, but the pay staff are absolutely bang on the button.

Same thng with bounties last year. I look forward to dramas this year. :roll:
  5. I have given up chasing pay in the TA, really is annoying. I plan to return to the TA after I have done my regular service, will not be the same TA unit as I am just leaving!
  6. Never had any problems with pay meself.... :?
  7. Definitly a newsie in disguise. :)

Where's a good lynch mob when you need one?
  8. I fcuked them all before... :p

nah seriously, never had pay problems, I know lads who have like but me personally, never...
  9. Yeah sure they messed up my pay before!
    But they gave me more then im supposed to be getting..
    They still havent noticed yet and its been three months already :twisted:
  10. Two points which may or may not help.
    Cannon Fodder: If the army owe you money your unit should advance you the money. This then is repaid by you to your unit when you get it after they sort out the problem. CO's call, but it is legal and to be honest if you need it and the CO refuses it he is being a complete @@@@@r. I have seen it done several times. To be honest even if u can get by without the money say u need it. It is yours by right and make it the army's problem not yours.
    When mobilised (I KNOW this is the case for officers and was for me last year) you should be mobilised at whatever years seniority u have in the TA at mobilisation. I would hope, but do not know, that it is the same for NCOs.
  11. I'd bring it to the attention of the pay staff PDQ. You'll more than likely get a rude suprise one pay day when you find they've taken back what you owe them... it's a right pain in the arrse :!:
  12. Extrader is spot on, just beware of your PSAO!! If you go to the top they get very twitchy and things sometimes get worse.
    Speak to you AO and give them you dates of what you have worked and hand the AO and the PSAO a copy and keep speaking to them. Do not be shy after all it is you money and you have worked for it.
    Speak to your Tp Comdr it is also his job to look after you welfare, that is why he gets paid!!
    I had to suffer 9 months of no pay when I returned, so stick with it be polite and you will get the back pay.
  13. Thanks for the endorsement eo quite right about crossing the chain of command, not to be recommended however.... eo also right about use your troop commander then if he does nought request andinterview with the Sqn Commander. However it is not the COs money and CERTAINLY NOT THE PSAOs it belongs to the imprest account (HMG the same fund the euro fighter comes from) so provided you are owed it by the system the regiment should have no probs loaning it to you whilst the problem is cleared up. As usual the judgement is when to go up the ladder; easy to say as a field officer, a much bigger call as a junior rank. If you have real problems do PM me and I will give u advice.
    Good luck!
  14. As above I have some contacts who can get REAL info from the adim vortex that is APC.
    Pm me if your TP'y needs a kick start.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was so ticked off with my unit that I spent a week visiting other units and it got back to my CO. We were in the field and the CO and RSM pulled me over so out came my notebook of complaints. The coy 2i/c soon scarpered when he realised what a carpeting he was in for. Coy deploying on ftx without wocs/modacs as to issue them meant opening the stores, constant pay snafus, all course requests being lost, piss poor psi's etc. I took 20 mins of q&a and he promised to sort it. He was the last reg CO before I left as a TA co took over. Fat little fanny who liked walking round on ex with just PNG.
    I unfortunately damaged my left knee after scbc and that blew my ambition to go to 10 Para but that was only if I had a convenient job. I suppose eventually I got the army out of my system. Thank Feck said the wife! I never realised what extra grief she went through with me being away all the time!