TA Pay - does it really exist?

Padre

Old-Salt
Having been in six months and paid out shedloads of cash to get equipped so I can survive courses and the like and despite the efforts of my PSAO - still no pay!

Poor chap has been to visit Glasgow and has been promised that it's fixed but nothing.

Not only that but now someone somewhere has decided that my NI number looks better when it's my date of birth and so it keeps getting changed (even though unit has correct details and keeps asking for changes).

I got a number for Glasgow but they say that I can't speak to them!

Other than strapping explosives to my chest and storming the building does anyone have any suggestions on ways of sorting this. I've tried the power of prayer but it seems APCC is in league with the dark side ;-)

Any help, advice or drugs would be gratefully received,

P

sounds very wrong indeed, but alas only by going to the darkside yourself will it ever change.

Try posting this in the AGC threads and see if one of "them" can help.

Can't help but I can sympathise; I worked the whole of August, 31 days, and for some reason Glasgow decided they couldn't be arsed to pay me. Result? Missed mortgage payment, missed credit card payments, charged for going overdrawn, and no idea when the money will turn up.

Its utterly unacceptable. :x

If you think this is bad, just wait for arrival of JPA then...

msr

Padre

Old-Salt
JPA, that's a beer isn't it?

^ It will certainly turn you to drink when it arrives...

Padre

Old-Salt
Having just checked hereJPA explanation I now understand what you mean msr.

If they get it to work I might be able to afford some IPA too.

P

Padre

Like yourself, beginning to wonder whether this "PAY" thing actually exists.
As you know, been on the same courses as you and paid out the same silly money to survive/be nominally comfy and yet, cannot get a single penny out the system.

Depressed.

And now the wife is starting to question all the money going out, with none coming back in return.

Maybe after our hop round the factory later in the month we might finally get paid.

Though, I doubt it.

FJ,

Just back and have received your mail. Also have set of photos (from different source) so will mail them later tonight.

It's a pain when, as dog-collars, things are tight and there's no support for what we spend. Hey ho, looking forward to meeting up again at RMAS soon. Sorry you're in same boat as me.

P

"JPA will provide a single, on-line management system, through which individuals will be able to electronically access their own records and apply for leave, expenses and allowances, and undertake other basic personnel tasks, whether they are land or ship-based, in the UK or deployed overseas."

Will the helpdesk be open Tuesday nights from 1930-2130?
How will attendance be verified?

msr

On the basis that we are all educated and/or Officers, what effect is this likely to have on recruiting and retention?

Shame on the system.

Train soldiers for war? Pay them properly first. How many do we lose because their expectations of a professional system are disappointed early on?

gung_hobo said:
Train soldiers for war? Pay them properly first. How many do we lose because their expectations of a professional system are disappointed early on?
lots, I would suggest.

One of the principal reasons for people leaving is poor administration (exit interview survey), closely behind poor Drill nights (see other thread).

Padre - here's the cure. I promise you that this works amazingly well...

Place your gripe/query as a series of essay-length Requests For Information (RFIs). Warn them that you are about to submit this piece and watch them suddenly galvanise into the efficient, customer facing organisation that they know they should be.

Make sure it is a serious bit of homework:

'Please make an accurate prediction of how long my predicament will last. How many people are in a similar position?'

'What are the precise reasons for my present pay position? What processes and internal procedures have failed to arrive at this position?'

Etc

RFIs are an absolute tonic, and feel sooo good because you are playing them at their own game. They have to respond to you (within 30 days), and it is easier to actually sort out your affairs than to answer your RFI. So let the threat of the RFI dangle over their heads a while.

You may get a call from SO2 Information (loser) who tries to convince you that this is not what RFIs are for. Ignore him.

I loved the way the CoC (Admin and Stationery) briefed the Freedom of Information Act as something to which we would have to dutifully respond. They rather missed the point that they were educating us in a new and powerful way to get the SPS and all the other idiots to actually administer you properly.

Worked for me - tell them I sent you.

Here are a few simple questions.... Someone in your unit should be able to show you the evidence that the bottle neck is Glasgow and not your unit.

1 Have you been taken on strength of the unit
2. Has your training been keyed into TAMIS/FORGE
3. Has your training been submitted
4. Is your RAO on the case

If your host units admin is a bag of balls there are plenty of other units out there short of a good padre. Do you lot not have your own CoC (not him, I know about that one) through which to sort this out

1 Have you been taken on strength of the unit TOS 05/06

2. Has your training been keyed into TAMIS/FORGE All relevant information appears to have been thus input

3. Has your training been submitted Well, saw the paperwork and signed relevant bits and they was sent off, etc.

4. Is your RAO on the case Admin staff have been first rate in trying to sort this out to the extent that a visit was made to northern climes with view to resolving this issue.

Will update this after chat/s to people tomorrow as today, being Monday, doesn't exist!

P

Good news (for me at least),

My initial kit allowance has made it throught the system and will be paid shortly. Hopefully this will be repeated with Father Jack and others in the same boat. At least this hurdle has been surmounted.... now, what about my NI number?
;-)

Thanks for advice regarding this,

P

msr said:
"JPA will provide a single, on-line management system, through which individuals will be able to electronically access their own records and apply for leave, expenses and allowances, and undertake other basic personnel tasks, whether they are land or ship-based, in the UK or deployed overseas."

Will the helpdesk be open Tuesday nights from 1930-2130?
How will attendance be verified?

msr
I have not had a straight answer from anyone on the JPA team but I believe that for TA the score will be that pay will be handled as now - a sign-in sheet entered by the AGC magicians. I hope this will also include RPOD. If so then no major change for the TA ( Fingers crossed...)

If I'm right then, like a Regular, you will only need to use JPA youself to claim other expenses, change personal details etc. All receipts to be kept in a fire-proof safe for 10,000 years so they can audit you later....