TA Parade in Southampton

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Birddog, Jul 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All,

I just wanted to say how privilaged I was to be involved in the TA 100 activites in Southampton.

I was also present at the Mayor Making ceremony to watch the SUOTC Guard of Honour and the TA being given the Freedom of the City.

The parade and static displays in the Guildhall were excellent and the firing of the three rounds was timed to perfection.

Well done to all involved.

Regards

Birddog

2. msr

msr LE

Are there any pictures?

msr

3. I have a few video clips and pictures of the displays PM if you want them

Regards

Birddog

4. Also have loads of pictures if you want them, taking part in that parade is something that will stay with me for a while, doubt ill have the chance to do anything similar anytime soon!
    Was an excellent day and everyone i have spoken to were very impressed, not quite guards standard but how many people are!?!

Any chance i could get those video clips as well? would be good to watch it again. Cheers.

5. msr

msr LE

pos,

Can you bung them in the arrse gallery?

msr

6. Yea thats no probem, will put a few up now - they will be in'general military'. Also if you click the link it will take you to the official photographers website, he has all the ones he took on there, some are really quite good!

Pos

7. Thanks for the link, been looking for that, bit pished of the pic of myself with my rocket out was missing (unless there was another offical photographer around)

8. Thanks for the mention - It was a good day, all went off fine, nobody flaked on the parade, shame the officer leading the parade had all the drill presence of a hamster, and wanted us to march off with rifles at the shoulder :D

I've got some pics too, will post them when I work out how to

9. Went really well!

Everyone involved really enjoyed it, and the public seemed to appreciate it.