TA P Coy

Our unit has been told that we're being offered this due to being re-rolled; however, when I've asked for information from either the PSI or OC about possible dates, I get blank looks. Does anyone know when this will be available to non Para TA?

Maybe not exact dates but aiming off should get something from it.
You'll know exact dates once you've done it. Usual story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_16_Air_Assault_Brigade

Present day (as of 2006)
16 Air Assault Brigade Headquarters and Signals Squadron (216)
The Pathfinder Platoon
One Squadron of the Household Cavalry Regiment
1st Battalion, The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders (Princess Louise's)
1st Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (from March 2006 - 1st Battalion, Royal Irish Regiment)
2nd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment
3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment
3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (contains an attached Platoon from the Household Division (Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards))
7 Parachute Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery - consists of H (Ramseys Troop) HQ Battery, F (Sphinx) Parachute Battery, G Parachute Battery (Mercers Troop) and I Parachute Battery (Bulls Troop)
21 (Gibraltar 1779-1783) Air Defence Battery, 47 Regiment, Royal Artillery
3 Regiment, Army Air Corps
4 Regiment, Army Air Corps
9 Regiment, Army Air Corps
23 Engineer Regiment (Air Assault), RE - consists of 12 (Nova Scotia) HQ Squadron (Air Assault), 9 Parachute Squadron, 51 Field Squadron (Air Assault) currently converting to a Para Sqn and 61 Field Support Squadron (Air Assault)
7 Air Assault Battalion, REME
13 Air Assault Support Regiment, RLC
16 Close Support Medical Regiment, RAMC
156 Provost Company, RMP
Brigade Parachute Squadron RAF
also attached but not part of the Brigade are

1 Troop, 33 Engineer Regiment (EOD)
Light Electronic Warfare Troop, 14 Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare)
4th (Volunteer) Battalion, The Parachute Regiment

The_Duke

LE
Look at the Para Regt website for linkis to P Coy. It does not give the dates, but a good insight nevertheless. It runs as all arms for all TA with a Para role. Once your role is confirmed, off you go!

The TA P Coy is open to anybody but the wings course is only for people in Airborne units, well thats what i have been told, I have p coy in 11 days, wish me luck!

Until TA FAS comes out nobody can start any of the training courses which will equip them for their new role.

A little bit more ‘hurry up and wait’ from our beloved army :roll:

TheCROW said:
The TA P Coy is open to anybody but the wings course is only for people in Airborne units, well thats what i have been told, I have p coy in 11 days, wish me luck!
Are you sure of that date? I'm on next TA P-Coy and it's not in 11 days?

TheCROW said:
26th of this month mate!!!!
TheCROW i would just like to say that the standard of this courses milling was pathetic one of the worst i have ever seen

The_Duke

LE
Err, Crow...

Be careful how far you stick that giraffe like appendage out. Remember, you may have seen it from the inside. Some on here may have been disinterested observers on the outside.

Just a thought!

TheCROW said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
TheCROW said:
26th of this month mate!!!!
TheCROW i would just like to say that the standard of this courses milling was pathetic one of the worst i have ever seen
That was the para reg Joes, we rocked!!!!! Fun its all a bit of fun.

My Wings are like a shield of Steel......oh that's right, you haven't got yours yet!

Latest Threads