TA Other Arms Courses

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Mad_hippy, Jan 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

Is there a list of TA courses and dates for 2009/10 for other arms personnel? I am talking about the genereal military courses, and non-trade courses that may be available.

PLease dont just say ask your PSI or PSAO... mine are not that good.....

2. 09/10 Course list won't be released yet and most of it will be on-line on a DII account. Unfortunetly your S(PSI) are the best people to ask.

If they are failing you use your CoC to sort.

Failing that, have some idea of what area you might want to go to and post in the relevent boards
  3. Course dates would very much depend on where in the country you are based.

For the South, you might want to check out London District (LDSTT) or 4 Div for CMCQ, BCDT, CBRN, MAPRIC and DITS.

you may also want to check out the SASC for Skill At Arms.
  4. Thanks Cavalier, much appreciated
  5. msr

msr LE

Going outside your chain of command won't be...

6. Had no intention of going outside the chain of command, but if I can go to my PSI with dates and course titles that I'd like to attend would be more advantageous than waiting 6 months for a non-reply....
  7. Agreed with MSR - be sure to tread carefully on this one and be sure to include the SPSI and not approach the training centres directly.

We’re lucky at the moment as we’ve got two really good PSI’s but in the past we’ve also had some shocking ones by comparison.

I see your frustration (we’ve all been there) but there’s no harm in looking at dates and suggesting it to them over a jar in the bar.
  8. now this is not relevant but just about to join the TA after having served 8 years in the marines can anyone tell me if i can wear the commando dagger on the the left sleve????
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes - It is an award you have earnt and can wear throughout your career. Anyone tells you otherwise, feck them off!
  10. 4 Div RTC(SE) will be issuing to units the 2009/10 training Programme this week
  11. msr

msr LE

Think about this for a minute, then tell me the flaw in your plan.

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If he has a PSI who is too idle to do the work of looking through the courses programmes, then I fail to see the flaw as long as he has obtained the approval of his Pl Comd/Coy 2IC for the course beforehand.

This of course assumes that his unit involves the TA CofC in course bids, rather than leaving everything down to the PSIs
  13. ...........................
  14. 51st (Scottish) Brigade's courses are out now....

Hippy mate watch what your doing....have you asked your CSM/BSM about this drama or any of Platoon staff..i would not be too chuffed if any of my Jocks passed me and booked courses....then again if you Coy HQ is pump...move unit :)
  15. We have a good SPSI but he's got loads to do and he doesn't have an issue if I find out info and then he'll do the rest...

If there's no hurry then he'll sort it in due time.

I can't see the problem as long as the CoC is followed...? Only someone with an power complex would have an issue.