TA Open Day - Greater London (Sept 28th)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Anti, Sep 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody who knows tell me what these open days are/entail please?

I get a newsletter now after registering on tothebest.army.mod.uk and this is listed in the upcoming events. As somebody considering joining the TA I thought going along to an open day might be a good thing to do but I can't find any details anywhere as to what they involve. Is it just a case of TA centers opening up for joe public to have a look around and see what you folks do or is it more geared towards potential recruits?

Any info would be appreciated, cheers.
  2. Im also interested in hearing more about this Open Day. I couldnt find anything by googling.

Anti do you have times, location etc etc?
  3. Ok this was the best I could find on the TA 100 website:
    So I take it all TAC's are opening their doors on Sunday? If so I will go down to my local TAC.
  4. does anyone know if this includes the rest of the country or is it just london?
    if its national, think i'll be visiting myself :D
  5. From the link I posted from the TA100 website it indicates it as National rather than regional.
    That said its probably wise to call the TAC to see if they will be participating.
    I will give the one I intend joining a call today.
  6. First i've heard of it, if its national it hasn't exactly been well publicised. Good to see comms are as efficient as ever!
  7. I called my local TAC and didnt ask about Sunday as they informed me that they will be holding a 'presentation evening' next Tuesday.
  8. i'm pretty sure my TAC at Whipps Cross will be taking part on the 28th
  9. Well we won't be as my regiment are on camp at the moment, if you rock up on the 28th you might find it a bit deserted!
  10. Coming back to this a few days late, sorry for not replying.

All I found on the web was what I got in the initial e-mail. It listed events by region and had the following:

South East
    28 September
    TA Open Day
    All TA offices

The same was listed for London and Scotland. I checked some other websites, TA 100, London Scottish (their site seems to be one of the most actively maintained London ones), here, Army Jobs and a general Google search but didn't come up with anything.

I think I'm likely to give it a miss now, but I think it's a real shame this kind of information is available online. The quality of content and updates from one Army related site to the next seems to vary hugely, with most falling more towards the shite side :(
  11. Definitely didn't happen at the Ditton one :( (thought this would be a good time for me to pop in).

I walked all the way there, just to find it all locked up. Didn't know about the Maidstone one in Boxley Road though, there were just too many chavs out and about.

At least I got a phone number....
  12. So an all round success then! They should do more of these :roll: