TA on tour

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by chrisg46, Jul 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

A video from our tour on Telic 6

2. Interesting video of the RRV plus others. Are the operational tours having an affect on TA soldiers and their families?
    I have been saying for some time now, there is a need for an Official Attitude Survey for TA soldiers and their families. The areas I believe required to be covered should be based around enlistment procedure to deployment and welfare. As an Ex-PSI I have seen how the TA have been changed and the affect its had on their TAC's.

If any TA soldier or their families have a specific area they believe requires to be addressed in a Survey please state it, and if a Survey would help address any issues.

3. As the vid's title suggest. A very good tribute to everyone who has been out there or is still there.

Rock on!!
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Possibly too soon to tell. I think the problem might become more acute once the second/third batch of compulsory call ups are issued (once every three years for individuals). As we all know, most units have a supply of volunteers for tours, who i dont think will be affected so much. However, i do know that in my own unit (how did you know i am RRV btw? cant remember if i put any titles on there...), there are those who are not afraid to go on tours, but cannot volunteer because of family/work issues. I am one of these myself at the moment, having narrowly managed to persuade the mrs to not break my legs to prevent me going! If we get another one to wherever we have invaded by then, getting called up again will cause "issues"...
  5. We fill in endless attitude surveys in the TA. Think I've done three in the last year alone! At least one has looked at this area. I think it's more important that what comes out of these surveys is looked at properly!