TA OFFICER MEDICAL

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bade, May 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    My mate whos not on arrse asked me if he has to have another full medical at RMAS and do they contact his doctor?
    Or is it just a fit to attend as hes already in the TA?
    Think hes a bit worried about getting kicked out of TA altogether if he fails RMAS medical.

2. What did you tell your 'mate'?

3. What's he hiding that he managed to blag on his TA medical?

4. msr

msr LE

Or rather, what are you trying to hide from the doc?

5. Always a pain posting for lazy mates. My body is fine. Apart from my fucked lungs from smoking. Still managed to pass P coy tho. Hes got fucked lungs too but had to go see doc a few years ago and was prescribed asthma medication. He was in ta at time but didnt bother to update army medical records. he cant be too bad as hes never that far behind me on tabs

6. So you're a heavy smoker too? A pair of wheezy boys no less.

7. Yeah do wish my lungs were a bit better too but can still thrash most people that dont smoke. Could have helped on P coy too. A pass is still a pass

8. Prescribing asthma medication for short term illness should be written as such on his medical form, therefore, although it may take some explaining the evidence of only a short term issue should be ther for them to see.

9. Probably not, unless he is found unfit for service - but the RMAS medical is tough. If I was him I'd get my case lined up , documentary proof that he is OK. Try to hide it and he'll have hell to pay.

10. Surprising that they bother to medical you again if your already in the ta