TA Officer Living in ...

Discussion in 'Officers' started by jockistani, Apr 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

just wondering what the policy is on TA Officers "Living in" in an Officers Mess.

I've moved to a new area, and as there is a barracks nearby to my work, I thought it could be handy to live in the mess there for a while. Obviously it would be subject to space, approval of the Mess Manager, CO of the unit/base, and possibly my own CO.

Has anyone encountered this or know of the regulations if any?

Thanks folks.

2. Suprised that an "Officer" would have to ask.

In short - NO.

Notwithstanding the shortage of rooms for Young Regular Officers, it is not what the Mess is there for and an abuse of TACOS.

The Mess is not a cheap Housing Association for chippy TA Officers.

And ..... don't raise this with your CO or Adjt, you'll be marked.

Are you sure you're not an MP ?????

3. Ooft.

Any less angry arrse members wish to comment.

p.s I have a very good working relationship with my Adjutant and CO, I hardly think my card will be marked as you put it.

"Chippy TA Officers". Nice one, are or are you trying to bait me?

4. Why not just roll up and state your case young man ! TA / Reg / LE etc all are HM's officers and 'money is money' as they say. A vacancy needs filling then fill it - even if you are a JOCK.

5. I know of a civvie who lives in a Sgt mess block, but he pays far more for the privilege than the soldiers.

6. I'm less angry and the answer is still no.

Will you be on duty with the STABS whilst youre staying in the Mess? If not, a Cub Scout leader has more right to stay in the Mess than you, a non entitled civilian.....unless you're CS.....and even then, only entitled for the odd overnighter?

7. msr

msr LE

So much for the one army concept then :roll:

msr

8. Join it then

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Charge him normal Mess rates for when he actually attends training nights, and charge him full equivalent civvie accom prices for the other 6 days. :D

10. msr

msr LE

We have...

11. Only on Weds nights though....

12. And Mr Flashheart, In the grand words of some royal bloke I met last week, What do you do? The majority of regular soldiers I know are either on Ops or sitting around waiting to go ops. Value for money man! The TA arent costing the tax payer when they arent on ops!

I could go into the whole reasoning of why the TA are considerably better than You but I fear you may not actually have read this far.

I am a student, a particulary lazy one at that on a part time course. Yet I still get all the benefits that a full time student would no one complains at me and calls me a Stupid Part Time Student Bastardo but thats only because it doesnt fit into a rathe neat Pneumonic

13. Its called a full time professional Army, you spotty faced oik. Unless you suggest we adopt Lichtensteins model of defence?

14. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Can I just get this straight? As a student, you've come up with a theory why doing something part time is actually better than doing it full time, and this applies to not only soap dodgers but the military as well?

Nice one. Screw it, I'm taking tomorrow off.

:roll:

Tit.

15. Hopefully we shall only have to put up with Lord Flasharts drivel for the next twenty minutes when his life expectancy time limit expires.

I've stayed in messes loads of times round the country whilst not exactly on official business. They can charge me whatever they like .... if it's competitive I'll maybe consider it, if they're taking the mick, I won't.

Still haven't seen any regulations on this. A phone call to the mess manager it is.