TA Officer Clothing Allowance

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sheffieldJUO, Mar 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the state is of a clothing allowance upon commissioning for TA Officers? I know someone who received around £400 automatically when they commissioned in 2008, but I was unaware of such an allowance and didn't receive one when I commissioned last year. Does it simply not exist anymore or is it something I will have to pursue?

2. You'll be wanting a DII password reset next...

• Like Like x 1
  3. I received £398 this year, talk to your psao.

4. Considering for years I've been trying to get this allowance, and everytime I asked I was told no you don't get it or have had it, I got an email from the FSA saying that it was now withdrawn and TA Officers were no longer entitled to it.

Of course I promply wrote back and said is there any chance I could get seeing as i was entitled to it before I lost my entitlement to it?

"We have recently sent out Amendment 34 to the TA Regs. Please note in particular Chap 3 Para 3016 that has been updated to state that TA Officers are Not Entitled to Uniform Allowance only Upkeep Allowance.

Could you ensure that all your staff are aware of this"

5. msr

msr LE

3.016. Uniform Scales and Allowances. Full details of entitlements, including scales for Recruits, Officers, Soldiers, NRPS and Band personnel, are contained in Army Dress Regulations Part 7, TA and UOTC Dress Regulations. TA personnel are not entitled to Uniform allowance, as given in JSP 752, Chapter 8, Section 1, para 08.0101, but are entitled to Uniform Maintenance Allowance, para 8.0116.

6. Does anyone know what the Uniform Maintenance Allowance equates to?

7. Thanks.

8. The square root of bugger all - I think my last one was 12 of Her Majesties Pounds FOR A YEAR.

9. Yep, around £12. Uniform Allowance was stopped because of the introduction of the New No2 suit which is for Offrs and Slodiers and issued by your QM. (Well some QMs anyway !)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ah I was hoping that there was still an allowance towards Mess Dress, but I guess not.

11. I don't know why we still persist with this...

Just give Ruperts the same deal as Toms. It would probably save a fcuking fortune in admin fees.

Or, another option, follow the PX route. It would also encourage the lads to look after their kit too, and you'd never have the storeman telling you couldn't have the last jumper on the shelf and it has to stay there 'in case someone needs it'.

12. 'Cos it gives you something to say!! I agree the PX route is the best option, though.

13. I meant persisting with the uniform payments to be honest...

But anything to drive the post count up... posts make prizes.

• Like Like x 1