TA Officer Cadet Uniform

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by New_Age_Outlaw, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Im a TA O/Cdt and have been invited to my cousins wedding who is an officer in the regs and wants all military guests to wear no2's/service dress. Can anyone help me with what i should or should not wear, badges? rank? style of uniform?

Thanks

2. go as a civvy guest!

3. OR's No2 dress and headress appopriate to Arm/Service with white gorgets on collar denoting OCdt rank.

This is the RAF OCdt version, but the Army one is very similar.

Your QM should be able to help.

[​IMG]

4. PS - We don't use "/" in our ranks anymore. It kinda went out with SLRs, 58 webbing, tins of chicken curry, and a decent Defence Budget.

*reminisces*

5. How far down through the factory are you? Guess you have passed main board. Ask at your RTC or whoever is edumacting you- I figure it will be the same as No2 dress at RMAS, RTC may have such items in stock.

Or just go as a civi.

6. Are you a "TA TA" Ocdt or a UOTC Ocdt?

If TA proper I believe you wear a RMAS capbadge? Therefore I'd imagine you would wear RMAS collar dogs etc?

If you're OTC then the RQ will be able to supply you with appropriate no2s complete with unit buttons etc (be aware he might tell you to knob off)

7. You should definately not wear a turban - unless you are a Sikh or cancer victim.

Hope that helps.

8. It will depend on how far along you are in the Officer training.

If you have done main board, and are parading at a RTC ask the CSM about it.

If you have not yet done main board, you will not be allowed to ware the white stripe as a rank as you are still not confirmed as being an Officer Cadet, only a PO.

9. Following on from Caits very helpful and sound advice, may I assist further.

Don't try and upstage the bride by wearing a bridal gown nicer than hers. Avoid wearing a welders mask as it impedes vision and under no circumstances wear a garment made up of plasters and bandages, not to a CofE ceremony anyway.

A simple and inexpensive means of dressing can be found on most high streets.... simply wander in and mention to the clueless cnut at the counter that you have absolutely zero idea how to dress or indeed why we where clothes at all and ask them to assist. I usually reward shop keepers with a gentle but loving kiss on the lips.

10. I find this advice invaluable. I must remember to consult MDN on all my major clothing decisions. :D

11. Well it all depends. Are you a real officer in the making? Ask yourself this - Can you read a map? If the answer is yes, go in civvies.

12. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The secret's not in the reading, it's in deliberately ignoring it!

"Well certainly the map says that Sgt, but I see a better route..."

13. You don't wear the white tapes with No. 2s, someone I know got an almighty bollocking for that.