TA ODP Roles.

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nate4077, Mar 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am new here, I am a former Royal Air Force medic about to qualify as an ODP and I considering joining the TA. I just had a questions:

Will I practice as an ODP if deployed? I know I start as Private which doesn't bother me to be honest unless it means I cannot do the job I have been training for. I only ask as I heard a rumour from a semi-reputable source that I would only be treated as a CMT-1.

Is there any truth to this, I was an SAC with four years experience and one tour of Basrah and a CMT 3 qualification.

Hope someone can help,

Nate.

2. iirc ODPs with current registration are employed in trade , rank wise it may be a shock esp if the TA still persist in commissioning the Nurses it wants to while telling tales to those the girls club don't want ...( thay may just be one Fd Hosps or even one Fd Hosp in particular) regardless of their competency, skills knowledge, experience or mil skills

3. If youre an ODP and you join the TA as an ODP and you deploy in an ODP PID, youll be employed as an ODP, regardless of rank.

4. brilliant, thank you for your help.

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The TA doesn't commission nurses automatically anymore. They either join as recruits and pass out of training as Corporals or if eligible they can apply to go to AOSB and try for a commission, same as the regular army.

I'm pretty sure ODPs are 'fast tracked' up the ranks but I'm not sure of the exact details. 2nd Medical Brigade have a recruiting cell. Google it and give them a call for a definitive answer.

If you can't find anything on Google PM me and I'll send you a telephone number. I just don't have it easily to hand posting on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

6. Really? I have a friend applying for the TA as a nursing officer and from what I understand there doesnt appear to be any AOSB...

The Head of CEG advises on what rank is appropriate based on qualifications and experience.