TA Number 2 Uniforms

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by the_boy_syrup, Sep 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

One of the things that really gripped me when I did parades such as Rememberance Day was the way we wore CS95 with medals safety pined to the left hand pocket whilst the regular army tipped up booted and suited in number twos with medals mounted
    We looked a bag of sh1t and not a good advert for the unit
    Does the TA not provide number two uniforms to it's soldiers?
    I would far rather spend a few hours pressing and bulling to get up to a decent standard than looking like and old cadet in CS95

Any thoughts?
  2. FFS what'll be next? Ammo boots and drill!
  3. the_boy_syrup

Why you never done drill?
    Do you just shuffle along in a pack ?
    Are you a third world army?

Bit of pride never hurt anyone you know
  4. And pride cometh before a fall, sowhere would you like to be dropped, old bean? :p
  5. the_boy_syrup

Should I reply with the obvious

On my Arsse ?

Work done got to go
    may continue tommorrow
  6. Just at a time when 'Team Stab' has actually got some medals to pin up aswell. You must be gutted!
  7. Boom Boom!

In all fairness, if Team STAB has the tailoring to get them fitted and the time to invest on the drill square and bulling boots - then I'd say go fill your boots... :lol:
  8. fcuk me m8, your regt must be poor :?
  9. I agree with the boy syrup as if they do ew one army concept why shouldnt they get the same uniform they have after all earned especially if they have the medals to show it1 ( I understand that medals dont mean a hard tiur but they still sacrificed six months or mmore of their comfy civillian lives to go to the arrse end of the world to support the regs and as such deserve everyones respect)
  10. Perhaps it's a cost issue? The forces are hard pushed to supply much needed weapons and supplies to the troops in conflict zones as it is. Can you really justify TA units being supplied No2 Dress for the few occassions it would be used.Don't forget if you supply one unit then they'll all want it and that's a lot of money that could go to more pressing needs
  11. So, Your TA doesnt get issued a Dress Uniform then? or just certain Units/Individuals?
  12. I know there are a couple of sets in out unit, used to be for all but errrrr cuts! There is still a few sets, I know got to look smart at mates wedding :D shame it was in the province and had to get changed straight after the service!

But may be its going the way of the rest of the TA, buy your own! 2010: TA - Sponcered by eBay
  13. We lost No.2's after SDR
  14. I was invited today by a friend who helps out down are local cadets force to there anniversary parade. So I went down and watched them do there drill, which was very good, but i was very surprised to see that they where all in no 2's whats that all about, they get them and we don't.
  15. It may be a cost thing or down to the squirrelling skills of the respective QM's depts, but in the ten years I've been in I've only done one Remembrance Day parade in combats (and it looked w*nk). Our blokes get fitted for 2's almost as soon as they're through the door.