• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA Number 2 Uniforms

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the things that really gripped me when I did parades such as Rememberance Day was the way we wore CS95 with medals safety pined to the left hand pocket whilst the regular army tipped up booted and suited in number twos with medals mounted
We looked a bag of sh1t and not a good advert for the unit
Does the TA not provide number two uniforms to it's soldiers?
I would far rather spend a few hours pressing and bulling to get up to a decent standard than looking like and old cadet in CS95

Any thoughts?

the_boy_syrup said:
Should I reply with the obvious

On my Arsse ?

Work done got to go
may continue tommorrow
Boom Boom!

In all fairness, if Team STAB has the tailoring to get them fitted and the time to invest on the drill square and bulling boots - then I'd say go fill your boots... :lol:

I agree with the boy syrup as if they do ew one army concept why shouldnt they get the same uniform they have after all earned especially if they have the medals to show it1 ( I understand that medals dont mean a hard tiur but they still sacrificed six months or mmore of their comfy civillian lives to go to the arrse end of the world to support the regs and as such deserve everyones respect)
RH

Perhaps it's a cost issue? The forces are hard pushed to supply much needed weapons and supplies to the troops in conflict zones as it is. Can you really justify TA units being supplied No2 Dress for the few occassions it would be used.Don't forget if you supply one unit then they'll all want it and that's a lot of money that could go to more pressing needs

I know there are a couple of sets in out unit, used to be for all but errrrr cuts! There is still a few sets, I know got to look smart at mates wedding :D shame it was in the province and had to get changed straight after the service!

But may be its going the way of the rest of the TA, buy your own! 2010: TA - Sponcered by eBay

I was invited today by a friend who helps out down are local cadets force to there anniversary parade. So I went down and watched them do there drill, which was very good, but i was very surprised to see that they where all in no 2's whats that all about, they get them and we don't.

It may be a cost thing or down to the squirrelling skills of the respective QM's depts, but in the ten years I've been in I've only done one Remembrance Day parade in combats (and it looked w*nk). Our blokes get fitted for 2's almost as soon as they're through the door.

Monster said:
I was invited today by a friend who helps out down are local cadets force to there anniversary parade. So I went down and watched them do there drill, which was very good, but i was very surprised to see that they where all in no 2's whats that all about, they get them and we don't.
Likely to have been privately obtained old chap. The only issued No.2 suits are for Lord Lieutenants' Cadets (1 per county)

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
the_boy_syrup said:
One of the things that really gripped me when I did parades such as Rememberance Day was the way we wore CS95 with medals safety pined to the left hand pocket whilst the regular army tipped up booted and suited in number twos with medals mounted
We looked a bag of sh1t and not a good advert for the unit
Does the TA not provide number two uniforms to it's soldiers?
I would far rather spend a few hours pressing and bulling to get up to a decent standard than looking like and old cadet in CS95

Any thoughts?
From memory TA personnel are entitled to no 2 dress at the rank of Sgt and above a Pool of 50% of the strength of Cpl and below may be maintained.

I can dig out the JSP ref on Monday if required.

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Found it.

JSP 336 Vol 12 Part 3 Pam 7 Sect 2 Paras 208 & 209

NO 2 DRESS

208. Entitlement.
No 2 dress is a personal issue for the following:

a. TA, WOs and Sgts (Groups A and B).

b. Members of authorised bands, corps of drums, bugles and pipes; see Annexes A and B to this section.

209. Pools of No 2 Dress.
No 2 dress for Cpls and below is to be held in unit pools. Holdings are not to exceed 50% of unit establishment and may be less according to need. Exceptionally, selected units may exceed the permitted limit but only when specifically authorised by Product Manager Uniforms, DCT.

Speak to your COC.

the_boy_syrup said:
We looked a bag of sh1t and not a good advert for the unit Does the TA not provide number two uniforms to it's soldiers?

Any thoughts?
Used to get No. 2's at decent size parades... remember doing Lord Mayor's show and being left with a monstrous set of No. 2's *cringe*. Would have much preferred my personally 'tailored' combats...

Just another one for you - medals should only be worn on No 8 dress (C95) for specific parades when authorised by the regional commander.

(JSP 336 Vol 12, Pt 3, Pam 10 para 15c - spotter!))

Latest Threads