TA not entitled to No. 1 dress

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Oct 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which will make eg. the Lord mayors' Parade rather interesting when the current kit gets toooooo threadbare.

C95, perhaps?
  2. Really?

Well I've got a set in my wardrobe....

Worn many a time :)
  3. Are you sure it is a case of 'not entitled' or just that no-one can get the new pattern of trousers?
  4. as a newbie to TA banter, whats the chat with dress stuff then? no1 etc?
    i'm sure it could be found on the search but I'm more curious to know the difference between TA and regular and search isn't yielding too much for me...
  5. The dress states go from No1 to No365. One for every day of the year.
  6. Are you doing the parade? Im doing it in cs95, CEFO etc. Sod that posh stuff.
  7. Rememberance in combat equipment fighting order? Intersting choice.
  8. I do believe he was talking about the Lord Mayor's show, and not Remembrance
  9. I had a little chat with my SQMS only yesterday as I needed a Tie.

No more demands can be made for NO.1 dress as it is due to be replaced imminently. Thankfully, he had ties in stock.
  10. Never knew there was an entitilement. Always had to get it issued for each event ( such as Lord Mayors Show) as it occured or buy it if needed frequently once I was commisioned. However QM dept was always able to get loan or hire for private wedding type do's
  11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Ties for No.1 Dress? You sure you're not getting it confused with No.2/SD?

I think what he means is that currently each unit is scaled for X amount of No.1 Dress Uniforms which is used as a pool for various events, but that this has been discontinued so that there will be no way of replacing what we currently have when it falls apart.
  12. Whoops ! :lol:
  13. Now it's a while since I've seen it but I can only recall one TA unit wearing No1 Dress for Lord Mayor's and that was with Greatcoats.

Everyone else, including marshals (less bands) seemed to wear No 2s or No 8s.
  14. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

The Old 4RGJ/ F and G Coys Londons/ now 7 RIFLES like to make a show of getting out our Greens.

Let's the rest of you know what you could look like :wink:

As already mentioned sadly there is a shortage of the new pattern trousers, so the old green ones will be used for Lord Mayor's this year, and still no sign of new pattern trade badges.
  15. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I saw some Band & Bugles guys a while back and they seemed to be wearing their old gold trimmed badges alongside their new silver edged chevrons.

Ref the new trousers; is it just a colour change to black?