TA Near You

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Please can I ask you all to check here: http://www.tanearyou.org.uk and let them know if your unit details are missing or incorrect?

msr

2. Are the "Ballons" meant to bring up unit details??

If so it isn't working for me or it could be this MoD Computer

3. It's missing a few

4. I tried THREE times to put my unit on that site since it has opened. Oh well might email tonight might not!!

5. Slade Barracks in Oxford is now closed. The three units have moved next to Dalton barracks, Abingdon.

Abingdon TA Barracks

6. Have tried a few times too. Not a peep. Great in theory.

7. msr

msr LE

You have to click on them

8. msr

msr LE

Strange. The changes I sent were actioned almost immediately.

msr

9. Mine works but someone seems to have inserted some bullshit in there

TA near you 34 sigs

"If your from the Leeds area, have a look at 64 Signal Squadron(V) part of 38 Signal Regiment (who have brand new kit!!!) or 63 (SAS) Signal Squadron(R), both of these units are sneaking into the Leeds area. Sssh don't tell anyone."

10. Works fine on my work PC and I have po-up blocker on. So it should works normally on most PC's.

Slightly Annoying, when you back out of ther specific unit page it take you back to the generic GB map rather than the zoomed in area you were looking at.

11. Yes tried that will have a go a uni later

12. I emailed a while ago also to point out a mistake and got no response.
    Will try again today.
    Billy

13. Unit HQ, only MSR? Or will outstations be included?

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

We have WC and Croydon shown, sort of. The Croydon TAC has been moved to the wrong location, and the titles for both are inaccurate. I wouldn't mind but I am sure that I submitted them in the first place, and have both subsequently been changed by someone else to make them inaccurate!

15. MSR, would it be possible to include a unit finder based on postcodes as well as I think this works better and allows people to see distances as well.