TA name change

Armynet have started a survey on a new name for the TA. Log on to Armynet site to reg your new name. They have some crackers on the site!!

how do you check the suggestions?

British Army (V) was my suggestion...

One Army and all that...

kiloarmy said:
Armynet have started a survey on a new name for the TA. Log on to Armynet site to reg your new name. They have some crackers on the site!!
Looks like somebody on ArmyNet has been reading ARRSE! The introductory paragraph could have been lifted from any number of recent posts!

And I'm sure the merits of 'Army Auxiliary' has been debated on here before...

Tried to think of something that encapsulates the phrase "Don't rely on your TA pay!"

Yes you've guessed it, not been paid yet. I know JPA blah blah blah!.

How many civi firms could get away with that?. (Expecting to get some stick for whinging!)

Calling the TA 'A Swedish Nymphomaniac' could mean a massive upsurge of new recruits.

Just imagine telling your colleagues, "I'm going away for the weekend with 'A Swedish Nymphomaniac', do you fancy fancy coming along next time?"

Oh sure, they might be disappointed, but at least they won't be expecting helicopters.

T_T

"The mime white water rafting club"

Because you arn't going to do it any other fucking time. :)

chelwood14 said:
british army (on the cheap)
British Army (Volunteers)
"Be associated with The best"

How about "British Army" given our One Army ethos?

Having just done an Infantry Ex, how about:

MRC = "Midnight Rambling Club"

Or, from our last comms Ex:

MPAS = "Mobile Phone Appreciation Society"

TB

how about 'Death Dealing Horde of Super Warriors'? Or 'People to move stuff around at county shows'? Somewhere in the middle I think - I know, lets not change the name, lets change the organisation instead. It will be a really cool alternative to the normal process!

Cuddles said:
how about 'Death Dealing Horde of Super Warriors'? Or 'People to move stuff around at county shows'? Somewhere in the middle I think - I know, lets not change the name, lets change the organisation instead. It will be a really cool alternative to the normal process!
Keep quiet on that one! Just the sort of no logic argument that the Army loves!!

There is always the old classic of SAS (Saturdays and Sundays), oh yeah with nine months full time as a freebie extra...

the title of TA harks back to the Great War when the idea was the TA would defend British shores.

The TA is more akin to the US Army mobilised reserve and National Guard

Nowadays the term Territorial is outmoded - and should now reflect the role played within the Army as a whole.

so - Polyfilla would be an appropriate title

That's what they tried to call it before, "The Territorial Army & Volunteer Reserve".

People just called it the TA so they dropped the VR bit.