TA - mugs!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by quiller, Jun 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. remember when there actually was money and you could get cool stuff for recruiting. i managed to get a great (spare) heat sensitive mug about 12 years ago , anybody remember these and what other good stuff was given out in the days of yore?

Attached Files:

2. I may have had a very cheap torch and coaster 8O

3. I got a pen!

4. mouse mat

5. Windscreen scraper !! :D

and most recently, card coasters.

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've got bucket loads of recruiting stuff. Camo daysack, pen with laser, pens, pencils, camo A5 writing folder, baseball cap, 3-D poster, more T-shirts than you can shake a stick at, limited edition numbered metal wrist band. Of course I got all this stuff from the National Guard and its all quite desirable. The stuff that the British Army gives out does not have quite the same appeal.

The keyholder lanyard I got from the British army is black with white writing saying "Armyjobs.com" with a black and white union flag. The US one is blue with coloured stars and stripes and the logo "1-800-GO-GUARD.COM" One is boring and I've never seen anyone wearing them, the other is worn and therefore gets its message out.

7. And I thought this thread was calling us mugs...

Oh well.

8. I got a coaster from when I signed up in Leeds last November.

9. A folding frisbee. ... For requesting a joining as an officer video, nothing for requesting and joining as a soldier ... i want a free pen.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Please return your frisbee immediately!

11. I got cirrhosis of the liver... (It was a long time ago in another age)