TA Mojo Restoration exercise ( if required... )

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jul 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1. Move soldiers to Brecon.
    2. Give them loads of 5.56
    3. Start the rain.
    4. "Your mission is to clear the valley, destroying any enemy you may encounter"
    5. Add in PE4 for BATSIMS
    6. Debrief.
    7. Home in time for tea and medals hurrah!

2. msr

msr LE

And presumably for 2 way range experience, place your photographer in front of exercising tps:

3. Wow......they almost look like real soldiers! :wink:

Points to note.......cam cream on face and hands!
  4. In 50 years time, reenactors will pay to do that...
  5. msr

msr LE

Run away! Run away! :)

Seriously though, they should give every unit a number of cheap video cameras to record exactly this sort of stuff. Would be way more effective that spending £goodnessknowshowmuch on another pointless and irrelevant advertising campaign.

I wonder how many people you would recruit just by bluetoothing this to some mates.

6. I have no mates. <<bursts into tears, hugs teddy >>
  7. msr

msr LE

"You" collectively the readers of the TA forum, not "you" personally BB ;)

8. Question:
    In the video clip some largish pieces of Wales seemed to get launched skywards by the simulator charges.
    I know that when we used to do this sort of thing in the special effects business we used to cover the charges with dry loose peat. This gave a good burst of earth into the air for best visual effect but was light and would not form "projectiles".

Is any similar procedure followed for Battlefield Simulation?
  9. That was the exercise latrine
  10. Not sure - would not be surprised but the Assault Pioneers laid the charges. One does post here, though...
  11. < types transfer request to BB's regiment >

Last time I did anything like that was in Otterburn alongside some TA chappies from down south and a mad National Guard bloke.
  12. Have a word with that bloke with the yellow jacket he can be seen for miles

:lol: :lol:
  13. Can't wait to transfer to 3MI.
  14. Sshhhh I'm only 7.62mm away from my next tape! :)