• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA Mojo Restoration exercise ( if required... )

1. Move soldiers to Brecon.
2. Give them loads of 5.56
3. Start the rain.
4. "Your mission is to clear the valley, destroying any enemy you may encounter"
5. Add in PE4 for BATSIMS
6. Debrief.
7. Home in time for tea and medals hurrah!

P

PrinceAlbert

Wow......they almost look like real soldiers! :wink:

Points to note.......cam cream on face and hands!

Bravo_Bravo said:
Run away! Run away! :)

Seriously though, they should give every unit a number of cheap video cameras to record exactly this sort of stuff. Would be way more effective that spending £goodnessknowshowmuch on another pointless and irrelevant advertising campaign.

I wonder how many people you would recruit just by bluetoothing this to some mates.

msr

Question:
In the video clip some largish pieces of Wales seemed to get launched skywards by the simulator charges.
I know that when we used to do this sort of thing in the special effects business we used to cover the charges with dry loose peat. This gave a good burst of earth into the air for best visual effect but was light and would not form "projectiles".

Is any similar procedure followed for Battlefield Simulation?

EX_STAB said:
Question:
In the video clip some largish pieces of Wales seemed to get launched skywards by the simulator charges.
I know that when we used to do this sort of thing in the special effects business we used to cover the charges with dry loose peat. This gave a good burst of earth into the air for best visual effect but was light and would not form "projectiles".

Is any similar procedure followed for Battlefield Simulation?
That was the exercise latrine

< types transfer request to BB's regiment >

Last time I did anything like that was in Otterburn alongside some TA chappies from down south and a mad National Guard bloke.

Now that looks a good exercise

<Looks for his old 95's which dont have cadet flashes on>

hmmm they dont seem to fit.

Alright where do i sign.

Last weekend's Mojo tonic...

1. Arrive on area , move into decrepit sheep-smelling shithole.

2. Get loads of 5.56 , Blue bombs and Schermuleys

3. Start the rain , do not turn off rain till 0700 Sunday

4. Mission : Add realism and training value

5. Get into gonker and bivvy bag, exchange texts with bint till thumb hurts, 2 hours kip.

6. Get up 0-silly , show enthusiasm. Conduct morale building exercise involving fire.

7. Phone dies , Comms dark tilll Sunday. F**k. Morale affected.

8. Get into exercise, start to enjoy immensely, rain does best to terminate enjoyment. Unsuccessful.

9. Rain and more rain, move to next locstat, find only hard building with built in waterfall

10. Get loads of ammo and pyro and wait, melt into night and rain to take up ambush position, rain puts in major effort to kill mojo, but dry and toasty due to being old hand at this mularkey.

11. Intiate ambush accidentally, because no one bothers to tell concurrent activity to stay off that fcuking track.

12. Reset, hunker down and wait, feeling pissed off fangs out feeling rising.

13. EN Patrol bimble up track

14. Initiate, release frustration and general pissed off soakiness, big bang, lots of panic from the other team, let them have a mag on auto to contribute to their headless chicken antics. Smile like a big evil smiley thing. Get horn.

15. Accidentally (I swear) employ schmeurly at errr less than 45* angle , due to hands slippery with sheepshit and rain. Has effect of looking like Law round running parallel with panicky fleeing patrol. Especially after hitting tree downrange. Giggle insanely , cab off rest of mags.

16. Reset for next EN patrol, repeat Serials 10-15 less 11 , till 0-Silly.

17. Get into Gonker , notice kit just about floating now, too tired to give a sh*t. 2 hours kip.

18. Get up at 0-silly for debriefs and bug outs.

19. Mojo topped up.

20. Mojo remains in effect at this time :D

Latest Threads