TA Medical

Hi

I'm going for a medical soon for the TA. I'm slightly nervous and havent been told what to expect or anything.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect and if I need to take anything?

Thanks

Two arms, two legs (and your specs, if you wear them).

msr

expect to have to put your balls in dessert spoons and told to cough, then out comes the rubber glove but no ky to test sphincter for suitability for future iniatations (?) involving D cell maglites and nescafe jars.

all as it will be is blood pressure, blood test (to determine blood group), urine test(check for diabeties), peak flow (blow out thingy), and then measurement of chest whilst breathing out, hearing test, vision test, then a series of questions about medical history blood pressure asthma medication etc etc etc

theres a few more things im sure i willremember later

if you have a blood donor card or anything else giving your blood group take that with you, it will save you having to have a blood test, as most medics arent exactly known for there proficency with needles

Der, its a medical for gods sake, surely you have been to the Docs before.

I think msr gave you the answer you deserve.

'lo

So what can one get P8'ed for? I used to suffer from mild nocternal enuresis a few years back and if the US policy is anything to go by I stand no chance. Search of the MOD site brings no joy.

DDH

DDH, to offend was not my intention

perhaps you can explain in English, P8'ed =

and again i'm sorry but i also havnt got a clue as to what "mild nocternal enuresis" is.

borg.it said:
and again i'm sorry but i also havnt got a clue as to what "mild nocternal enuresis" is.

A bed-wetter.
But only occassionally! :wink:

Sorry, force of habit. I spend half my life translating medical jargon :lol:

just join the regs your not really a proper infantry till you swamped the bed

borg.it said:
DDH, to offend was not my intention

perhaps you can explain in English, P8'ed =

P8= Permanently unfit for military service i.e. medical discharge of serving person, or refused entry in a recruit.

Mild nocturnal enuresis- you know when you're dreaming about standing in a stream and then you wake up...? This is not necessarily a bar to entry, but it does depend on individual circumstances e.g. co-morbid conditions i.e. other things that might have been wrong with you at the same time, how old you were at the time, etc.

oh, the old bed wetting, been there etc etc.

try using the wardrobe - not pleasant, been there too.

So once you have been P8'ed, thats it is it ? no going back ?

Yep Buges, thats it. from what i can make out. end ex !

Remind me not to invite you to my house after a night out !

Although i must admit to wetting during the odd river crossing, not through choice though, i think it was the fish peaking at my tweeny.

ha ha ha lol

Does this "mild nocternal enuresis" occur after consuming large amounts of alcohol? if yes you'll be in good company in the TA. Just remember not to take the top bunk, and remmember fullers earth DKP is great for drying out after wards, not that ive ever pissed the bed after a night on the tiles myself!!!! honest!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
S Aviation 3
C The Intelligence Cell 15