• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA Medical P8 help

Hi everyone,

I am aiming to join the TA at some point in the future and have been reading up on the medical application. 3 and a half years ago I was given a 3 year deferral on the grounds of my medical, I had a history of eczema which cleared up and I have been symptom free for 3 and a half years so that shouldn't be a problem. However, I have had back pain the for the last 3-4 months and have recently seen a GP about this. They have taken some blood and booked me in to see a physiotherapist. Ive read that an elongated bout of back pain (more than 6 weeks) in the last 12 months will lead to you being deemed a P8, medically unfit. My question is this, will this mean that I am permenantly unfit, or after 12 months of being symptom free will I be able to apply again?

I hope this makes sense enough,
Thanks guys

Latest Threads