TA Medical Care for Soldiers Vs that of a regular Soldier.

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Scepticofseptics, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

Please excuse the ambiguity of these questions.

1) Does a TA unit have the same degree of responsibility for monitoring the medical fitness of their soldiers and Officers as a Regular Unit would have?

2) If a Soldier/officer were to present with a condition which would prove to be of a chronic nature, resulting in said person becoming downgraded, are their specific time lines which apply for review and regrading?

3) At which point is an MO required to instruct a medical board for review of this person?

I would really appreciate any assistance you can offer with this.

Regards

The Sceptic

2. One Army Concept, don't think it applies to the TA yet.....

[​IMG]

3. Sceptic,

The answers to your questions are as follows:

1. Yes

2. Depends on the nature of the medical condition. Although chronic would imply that it has been ongoing for a considerable length of time. I they are assigned a temporary grade, then the MO should determine the review date (which should be on the Appendix 9). If it is permanent, then the review date is generally annual. However, just because somebody is downgraded permanenetly, doesn't mean they cannot be upgraded if they show improvement in function. RECU also applies to TA.

Hope that helps.

Rooster

4. Not sure about helping but your BOLD made me smile............. :eek:)

5. Thank you very much Rooster. This is very helpful. Thanks for your time.

Regards

Sceptic