TA ISC 09-2 23 -31 Oct 09 - Cancelled

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by fozzy, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Actually, I need the front of the house painted, but I'm going to hold out for the desperate TA SO1 types available when TA CSC is binned...they'll do a better job.

2. The first course was pretty good, some issues but generally not bad. What was a bit of a joke were the fourteen no shows who didn't rock up. Made for some small syndicates however the majority of the content was excellent, and regardless of what your unit says, MK2A(V) must be studied before hand else you'll be in significant trouble in understanding the content!

3. Well, at least Fozzy's got at least a year to do the revision in, rather than a couple of weeks. :D

Echo your comments about the course - really enjoyed the syndicate work, and met some scarily bright and switched-on people. Hopefully the enforced gap until the next one will allow the staff to actually match the training objectives to the time available!

4. My pal was on the first course and enjoyed it. I was really looking forward to it. Bit miffed at this, but we soldier on.

At least I got MK2V out of the way before hand.

5. Tried searching (& GOOGLE)..... no luck. Tried the DA website link.... only mentions the regular ACSC course.

Any ideas where I can get copies of the actual Training Objectives for TACSC or ACSC(R) or whatever has replaced it is called now? I don't have access to RLI/DII - so a PM with the detail would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

S_D

6. Sorry, but I'm not with this...what do you mean 'cancelled'?

How can you cancel something so far in advance? Any reasons why?

7. This referred to the ISC 09 Course - cancelled as per the OP comments. It was the only string that mentioned 'Training Objectives' (TOs) in my search. Hoped one of the posters here might have access to the TOs for the advanced course?

S_D

8. Oh....(I've had to increase the number of dots as messages now need to be at least ten characters in length - doh!)

9. Early findings of the SDR - no requirement for anyone in the TA above the rank of LCpl from Autumn 2010 onwards, hence no requirement for any staff courses.

10. This would be funny if it weren't within the capability of the pointy heads.