TA Infantry... What qualifications and training can you get?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by ljbrown, Sep 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all
    This is my first post. I am currently going through the process of joining the TA. Waiting for Glasgow to sort out my Previous service Docs.
    I am going into 6 Rifles as an Infantryman.
    Once training is complete what courses would be open to me?
    I am looking to give the TA a lot of time and effort but I also hope to recieve as much training as I can get my hands on. I currently work in an office and was hoping that their may be qualifications I could gain that would lead me towards a new role in civvie street. I presume all courses are Infantry based?
    I know I could have joined up as something other than an Infantryman but at this moment in time my local TA centre is within easy access and parade nights and the like fit around my current lifestyle.
    Many thanks in advance
  2. If you can get in the MT section, you can get your HGV2 license.
  3. Good point never even crossed my mind. I presume doing the CMT course still holds no relevance to Civvie street just like 10 years ago? Can you still train to be a medic whilst being an infantryman?
    Can you not gain any NVQs or the likes or can it be only relevant to your trade?